Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yourtel - Landline Phone Service

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Im glad to say Anton 'Savaged' them.... I think his consumer rights lady is going to become a serious irritation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaveZubie

Anton's piece on Yourtel is available as a podcast on the todayfm website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tigamber

Just a heads up for anyone who is still signed up and those with elderly parents, my mother received a letter in the last few days with a notification of changing terms and conditions from Yourtel. They have included an option to withdraw from the contract free of charge. It is the last paragraph of a 2 page letter and you have 14 days from date of notification to withdraw and they will change you back to your old provider. Again if you do not contact them the contract remains the same. My mother has been signed up since April last year so the new legislation didn't apply to her. I hope this can help others too.

• Company Representative Posts: 13 Verified rep RTE Consumer Show

Hello all,

RTE's The Consumer Show will feature an investigation into Yourtel next Wednesday, May 6th at 8.30pm on RTE One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Watching this now, dodgy stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Yes watched some of it myself Hank. Would love to know where they are getting the telephone numbers. They seem to target older / vulnerable people.

Good to see ComReg are on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they're based in Berlin, but the sales people on the phone are clearly irish...they must have some base in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

fryup wrote: »
    they're based in Berlin, but the sales people on the phone are clearly irish...they must have some base in ireland?

On this page a few months ago, Someone was saying that they take on a lot of backpackers in the call center, That might explain why you hear Irish voices.
    They have an address in Harcourt street Dublin, But from what I understand its just a drop box for post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Bistoman wrote: »
    On this page a few months ago, Someone was saying that they take on a lot of backpackers in the call center, That might explain why you hear Irish voices.

The one and only post from crow2345 :
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=742185&sort=newest

Hard to judge, all threads lead to Berlin based www.primaholding.de. But their adress Zimmerstr. 78, 10117 Berlin is quite expensive area (like most of Berlin) and they may use Call Centre office from other location. I tried to find anything more but stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

zom wrote: »
    The one and only post from crow2345 :
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=742185&sort=newest

Hard to judge, all threads lead to Berlin based www.primaholding.de. But their adress Zimmerstr. 78, 10117 Berlin is quite expensive area (like most of Berlin) and they may use Call Centre office from other location. I tried to find anything more but stuck.

What happened was that someone posted all about the yourtel call centre operation and then deleted their post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭patrickmrogan

And now they say I owe them a bill and it's gone to the solicitor , should I just ignore them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Could you give us a bit more detail? It probably would be easier to advise. If you have engaged a solicitor it would probably be best to do what they tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Seem to be a very underhanded and deceitful outfit.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057120156

I would ignore them myself. Maybe tell them you have informed Comreg, they are obviously aware of their practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How exactly do they claim to have signed you up? Its amazing Yourtel are allowed to still operate with the stuff they have pulled. Hope you are able to get this figured out but I don't get the impression they are the sort of company who will stop pursuing it. They normally have people "agree" to switch to their service via some tricky phone tactics do you remember getting a sales call from them at all? They often say they have a recording of you agreeing to sign up if you are sure that isn't the case contact COMREG they are well aware of who Yourtel are and will hopefully be quite helpful as I would imagine they can't stand Yourtel given all the hassle they have had due to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

They have a huge amount of complaints against them. Ignore them. Bunch of wasters is all they are.
    Their whole company is based on sneaky sales tactics & targeting elderly people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

New thread merged into larger Yourtel thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

And now they say I owe them a bill and it's gone to the solicitor , should I just ignore them?

Would be nice if 'patrickmrogan could share his recent experience with yourtel as a warning for all people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

zom wrote: »
    Would be nice if 'patrickmrogan could share his recent experience with yourtel as a warning for all people here.

It sounds like what he really means is he is getting letters from one of the debt collection agencies that have a name and write letters as if they come from a solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GerHorgan

Interesting article today about the telecom company, Yourtel in the Irish Mail Sunday includes a person living in Dingle (myself Gerald Horgan)

Regulator moves to end aggressive coldcalling ‪#‎Yourtel‬/ @irishmailSunday
    Niamh Griffin @griffinniamh 1h1 hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breee111

Really despise this organisation for causing my family undue stress and annoyance. Just under a year ago they rang an elderly parent, pretending to be from Eircom confirming account details blabla. I took the phone and said to the person (indian sounding) why would Eircom be looking for that info. He goes oh we're not Eircom but in a partnership with them and can save you money blabla, I goes not interested and hung up. They phoned back some time later, signed my parents up, by which time 3 or 4 months had passed before we realised what had happened. My parents haven't a clue how to read their bill or what they have...they've got broadband and a voice package and these shysters from Yourtel were telling them oh it's only EUR 20 a month for our calls and Eircom charge so much more (these calls they were billing us for were part of the Eircom package which we had to keep paying for at any rate !). The cheeky bastards even told my parents they can go out now and treat themselves to a lovely meal with all they'll be saving - that really vexed me along with the greetings from Dublin signed Yourtel team malarky at the bottom of their letters! I rang them and they played tricks with me and delaying tactics the order of the day. From can't, only deal with the account holder to management never speaks to anyone and will reply to your phone calls & emails BY LETTER ONLY!. Consequently it took 2-3 weeks to get a response or answer back each time. For me to get 1. authorisation to act on their behalf, 2. To present our case, 3 Receive a voice recording of the verbal agreement with my parents - took months only to be told ahhh too bad they signed a verbal agreement eff you.

Anyway to cut a long story short i brought it to Comreg earlier this year. They got them on a technicality since Yourtel signed people up in the past without advising of the 14 day cooling off period. They had to pay us back the 100 odd EUR they duped my parents out of and in addition cancel the 24 month contract. Any poor sod who in future gets conned like this will probably not be so lucky because they'll slip in to the slick sales pitch about the cooling off waiver period. Thought Comreg would do more to be honest, I mean if someone deceives you shouldn't there be compensation of sorts to act as a deterrent (all we got was here's your money now smile)

• Advertisement

Parents just received a debt collection letter from these gangsters today. I had contacted them last week and they admitted that they never switched over to eircom and it was their fault, and now this letter.

Are the gardai doing anything about them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breee111

Parents just received a debt collection letter from these gangsters today. I had contacted them last week and they admitted that they never switched over to eircom and it was their fault, and now this letter.

Are the gardai doing anything about them ??

From legal advice I received this does not fall under the gardai's remit (think they'll ask you is this a criminal or civil matter and push back). Comreg was set up by the government for these kind of cases and to clear the cluttered up district court backlog. Someone in the legal profession initially suggested i take them through the district court system which would shame them most probably into settling out of court. But when i approached my local court they goes no this sort of thing is handled solely by Comreg. Not sure what the deal is if one is still unhappy after Comreg's decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 majorlynch

Very similar to breee111 above.

My mother was pestered by these jokers while my step father was dying late last year.

They convinced her or her husband to switch to them.
    Shortly after my step father died and she got his telephone line removed.
    As in PHYSICALLY removed.
    That was january this year.

She is STILL paying yourtel for rental.

Comreg got involved and managed to get the account cancelled. But she has to pay a monthly fee until the end of 2016.

I'm currently onto comreg to re-open the complaint to get the payments stopped.

But comreg haven't been great on this and my mother is elderly and has been distressed by this during the year.
    As if her husband dying wasn't enough grief.

YOURTEL ARE MONSTERS PREYING ON THE ELDERLY!

Avoid them like the plague!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

I hope Yourtel have fecked off back to the cess pool they crawled out of but it's probably wishful thinking. Reading the comments shows the damage, pain and distress they cause. Time will tell if they are still here and if they continue with their scamming.

A couple of quick points, if you are a victim do not worry about it, these people are lowest of the low and will not spend their ill gotten gains chasing people for relatively small sums. Debt collection agencies and legal advice cost a lot and they are only interested in the quick (and easy) buck. They also know they don't have much credibility as these court cases and Comreg rulings now show. It is also clear from Independent and Irish Times articles that they have been doing the same thing in other European countries and this lowers their credibility even further. Comreg is the starting point to get satisfaction but keep in mind they operate very slowly, could easily take a year or more to get due process on a complaint. Also they get a lot of their funding from Telecoms companies inc Yourtel. I would phone them, get names and followup religiously. You could also raise the issue with Eir and with any other consumer agencies or indeed with some elderly support agencies. Also consider contacting your local TD and getting them involved. Report the complaint to the Gardai and get a reference number that shows they are also aware. Finally if can afford a chat with your solicitor or if you know one then that could also help. Keep details of all calls, letters etc and I would suspect that the recording of the verbal agreement would be shaky at best and easily argued so try to obtain that from Yourtel, under threat from aforementioned solictor.

Most importantly though, do not worry, make a plan to address the issue, maybe borrow or buy a cheap mobile phone until your landline is back action. Best of luck.

Advertisement