Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trading Software

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

Does anything like a virtual trader exist? I want to start trading but haven't a clue. I think it would help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

thinkorswim from tdameritrade has papermoney...$500k virutal, trade to your hearts content and don't lose a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 7 8eni

www.etoro.com is a good place to start, unlike other trading platforms you can follow people, succesful traders ect, I signed up to this about six months ago, started following succesful traders, copying there trades and have made money from it. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gnat

K ninja wrote: »
    Does anything like a virtual trader exist? I want to start trading but haven't a clue. I think it would help.

Hi Guys,

Saw this thread from a few years ago, but there was not much info forthcoming.

Does anyone know of an online stock trading software that is not tied to a company who wants you to invest lots of money before giving access to their product/trading platform.

I would like to trade in the ISE, but would like some 'independent' advice or a reasonable training course on a particular package outside of Dublin.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Gnat wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Saw this thread from a few years ago, but there was not much info forthcoming.

Does anyone know of an online stock trading software that is not tied to a company who wants you to invest lots of money before giving access to their product/trading platform.

I would like to trade in the ISE, but would like some 'independent' advice or a reasonable training course on a particular package outside of Dublin.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

You dont need any fancy software to trade.
    The easiest and cheapest option is https://www.degiro.ie/

Just open an account, deposit some money and purchase whatever stocks you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gnat

You dont need any fancy software to trade.
    The easiest and cheapest option is https://www.degiro.ie/

Just open an account, deposit some money and purchase whatever stocks you want.

Thanks BrokenArrows, looks like a reasonable package, I'll have a play and see how I get on.

Any thoughts on training? Or is it a case of keep loosing until you get it right and then lose a little less? I've read a few books and done some charting stuff, but I'm hesitant to just jump in without seeing how the process works in real time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Gnat wrote: »
    Thanks BrokenArrows, looks like a reasonable package, I'll have a play and see how I get on.

Any thoughts on training? Or is it a case of keep loosing until you get it right and then lose a little less? I've read a few books and done some charting stuff, but I'm hesitant to just jump in without seeing how the process works in real time.

I'd stay away from the ISE, fees are high and will 'likely' drop 25%+ in next 18 months.

Advertisement