Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Fair Deal Scheme

Options
  • 07-01-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a question in relation to the HSE fair deal scheme. My mother is availaing of this scheme at present and has completed the financial assesment etc.

My father has assets in property and ownership in companies, he currently lives in the PDH. If he dies currently everything is willed to my mother. Do these assets get assessed under the FDS scheme if this should occur? Would it be better if the assets are willed to the children?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

I think that this is really a question best answered by your family solicitor or an accountant. No disrespect to anyone here who may be very familiar with the scheme but the way all the rules are being changed now, it would be better to get professional answers if possible. It's too important a matter to leave to chance. I hope everything goes well for you and your family. It's not an enviable situation to have to deal with.

Advertisement