Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salem

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

April 20th, Michael and Percy from Nikita are in this, incl. other well known actors: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/10/salem-shane-west-ashley-madekwe/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,203 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

This starts tomorrow.

Full preview trailer now up:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Anyone watch this?

It wasn't too bad for the most part. Some disturbing scenes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I liked it apart from the lead guy. Some of his dialogue seemed too modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,315 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they wanted him to be different so as to highlight the thinking of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CorkBabe33

The trailer videos posted above look really good. I've been trying to find this show online all week but without any luck :(

Saw that this is on Hulu so going to sit down and give it ago. It's one of those shows that I'd most likely forget about were it not for Hulu as honestly everythign I've seen of it thus far screams mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Myself and the wife watched it,she will continue watching it,I'm going to give it a pass.

The accents are annoying,the dialogue is clunky and hammy.This is just teen wolf or twilight set in 17th C Mass.

The show is chock-a-block with cliches -the strong silent type who challenges authority,the religious hypocrite,the femme fatale.

Shame,there was potential.

• Advertisement

what is Mary purpose to go on exacting her vengeance on all the innocent people in the village ?

episode 6 seems to be picking up as against the previous extremely boring episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

mafaa wrote: »
    episode 6 seems to be picking up as against the previous extremely boring episodes

Agreed. I was about to give up on the show but the lastest episode was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I've enjoyed every episode so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm 2 episodes in and don't mind it so far. I expected it to be worse so I'm still pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

squonk wrote: »
    I'm 2 episodes in and don't mind it so far. I expected it to be worse so I'm still pleasantly surprised.
    Me too and it gets better. I'm liking Tamzin Merchants performance. I didn't realise it was her at first and had to look it up.

I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

Miprocin wrote: »
    Agreed. I was about to give up on the show but the lastest episode was great.

i think the twists on Mercy in episode 5 give some hopes to upcoming episodes, at least that for me :p

getting exciting as more witches were exposed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The guy playing Increase Mather is fantastic! Really stealing the show with his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The guy playing Increase Mather is fantastic! Really stealing the show with his performance.

Agreed Stephen Lang really does steal the show.

• Advertisement

Increase Mather really gave an impressive performance, the needed boost to the show

episode 13, season 1 finale promo

season 1 episode 13, a very satisfactory finale, it really climax among all those episodes :)
    probably next season will have Anne ( for righteous but she killed her own parents or she might blame Mary for her parents death ) & Mercy (for revenge ) vs Mary & George Sibley likely be killed, it will be interesting what new characters will be introduce also Cotton & Isaac & John will likely be returning

SDCC 14: WITCH WARS COMING TO SALEM SEASON 2
    "Mary has completed the Grand Rite and there are other covens in other places that sense that the Grand Rite has been completed. And so Mary Sibley is like Michael Corleone and gets pulled back in. All the other covens want to know how Mary pulled it off and they want a piece of the action."

"Queen of the Night" Mercy who, as star Elise Eberle explained, is feeling quite betrayed. "Mercy never had a mother figure in her life or a strong female presence and so she just became so obsessed with Mary. And then Mary broke her promise and it was earth-shattering for her."

Also, as Adam Simon stated, Anne (played by Tamzin Merchant, who couldn't be in attendance) is a "cradle witch." Meaning that she was born with her powers as opposed to being someone who was indoctrinated into witchcraft like Mary had been. Meaning that Anne is potentially more powerful than Mary, if she can ever come to terms with what she did to her own parents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Agreed Stephen Lang really does steal the show.

That is what Stephen Lang does in everything ;)

Really enjoyed the show and gal it will be returning for a second season.

I watched the last episode of season one last night and there is one thing that confuses me :-
    How is Mary able to use Increase Mather as "innocent blood"?

He is a torturer, murder and rapist (for that is what he does to Tituba).

He is far from innocent.

Cheers

2 episodes in, this season 2 more of pure fantasy storyline now is much better than season 1 which tried too hard to follow the witch trial boring most of the episodes except from Increase Mather episodes onwards to finale

the bathtub scene between Countess Marburg & Anne was scary

the shock on Mary when her boy kissed her was the most unexpected

episode 3, interesting followup
    Countess Marburg started her acts on Mary :rolleyes: it will be interesting how Mary manages to fight back with her marginal magic as against Countess Marburg & what help can Mary gets ; she still has to deal with Anne Hale, Cotton, John, Mercy, George, Hawthorne & Dr. Samuel Wainwright

eventually, from the above list who is likely to die & friends to Mary :D

will John able to release Mary from the Dark Lord to protect his wife & prevent his " son " from becoming the Dark Lord

how will Anne Hale & Cotton struggle to protect each other or being manipulated

season 2 episode 4, seems the 2nd season going to be dark & at time quite shock on the means to deliver the impact ....
    didn't expect Mary will exercise control over Anne Hale but not Mercy, likely Anne is a higher threat to Mary & worth to keep her under her thumb just like her father ; the result is Countess Marburg reveals. Can Anne break the control ?

season 2 episode 5, an awesome one :cool:
    Mary finally met Countess Marburg , the beginning of her nightmare

how will Mary and Tituba revive George?

Anne Hale & Cotton seems to meet with hilarious situations frequently, but entertaining

hope got new development in Mercy storyline, her character has been boring since season 2 started

• Advertisement

season 2 episode 6, a steady one where most major characters make their appearances in salem

1st half of season 2 is pretty interesting, hope the 2nd half will not be too predictable but sustainable :cool:

Advertisement