Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought it was on presently??

If not its just finished and gone till santa arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought it was on presently??
    If not its just finished and gone till santa arrives.

Think it ended on 5/8/14... So no more till January? Darn it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Oral-B TriZone 5000 Toothbrush with SmartGuide
    Reduced from €256.49 to €89.99!

A few in stock around the country - Stock checker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Advice

In todays examiner there is an argos catalogue however there is an incorrect price attached to a product, the price was so low it caught my eye but when you go onto the website the price is way more expensive.

I have reserved the product what chance do i have of getting it at the lower price in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Very high if you bring the catalog with you and ask to speak to a manager if the server doesnt hand it over straight away, which they will 99/100 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

kooga wrote: »
    Advice

In todays examiner there is an argos catalogue however there is an incorrect price attached to a product, the price was so low it caught my eye but when you go onto the website the price is way more expensive.

I have reserved the product what chance do i have of getting it at the lower price in the shop?

None. Price is merely an invitation to treat and has no legal standing. In any event Argos are always very upfront that the price paid is the price the product is on sale for instore on any particular day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you reserved on the website, you've seen and acknowledged the correct price on the website. If its a huge difference you haven't a chance of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I assume that's the Toshiba 50" TV? Caught my eye as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Off topic but anyone know if argos will exchange without a receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

deisediva wrote: »
    Off topic but anyone know if argos will exchange without a receipt?

From http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm
    *If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have proof of purchase, we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Reserved a telly there for 260 today, now the price is gone up.
    My reservation email says its 260. Any chance they'll give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

DjFlin wrote: »

Yes, doen this before, reserved one evening, went up by 100 next day....

Once I had my reservation at the old price they had no problem with me buying at old pirce

• Registered Users Posts: 30,053 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

They don't have to accept the reserved price but worth asking if they can check with manager if they don't accept the reversed price

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Did some of their products rise in price today for some reason? Was looking at a few things yesterday but they seem to have risen in price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭mcw92

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Did some of their products rise in price today for some reason? Was looking at a few things yesterday but they seem to have risen in price today.

Some leaflets are updated every two weeks on Wednesdays I think, so new items would be on sale while some would be taken off.

If you look at some of the offers on the homepage now, the prices are valid until the 26/8/14, two tuesdays from now, closing time, then new items will be on sale on the Wednesday and so on.

Some items prices are valid until the 19th, next tuesday, like so, then on Wednesday different items will be on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

DjFlin wrote: »

Go ahead and bring your reservation email with you (show it to them on a smartphone or print it at home). Same thing happened to me recently - price of a reserved item changed over night - reservation price worked the way it should ;)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Sorry I can't load link but this looks like a good buy - getting it for a 1st year student - if someone can email me how to link I'd appreciate it :o

Toshiba C50 AMD E-Series 15.6 Inch 2GB 500GB Laptop.
    Excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. 108/8935
    Save €90.00 - €274.99 was €364.99

See posts below - this is cheap and basic but better models listed below - sorry for sending anyone off on a tangent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

AK333 wrote: »
    Sorry I can't load link but this looks like a good buy - getting it for a 1st year student - if someone can email me how to link I'd appreciate it :o

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1088935.htm

What course would this student be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Please note item 1088935 has previously been on sale at €281.99.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Please note item 1088935 has previously been on sale at €281.99.

yes I saw that but a colleague told me they had picked up the same one last year for a similar price so perhaps the 281.99 was the price last year. I think its a good buy for a laptop, basic though it might be. Most are over €350. I'd be more interested if anyone knew anything about the spec. Just need it for school projects, etc really

Windows 8 and 2GB Ram..:rolleyes:

Heres one with 4GB.
    Similar newer processor.
    Same everywhere else pretty much.
    Cheaper too.

PCWorld has a very similar laptop, 4GB ram, better processor.
    €279.99

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Calmsurrender

Does anyone know what the story is with 3 for 2 on toys.
    I got an email with a link in it but when you click on it it doesn't say 3 for 2 on the
    Listings (just a banner on the top) and say if you put three things in your "basket" from that list it gives the total price for the three and no mention of the "freebie".
    I suppose i could reserve the things and then when I go to the shop not take em if there's no discount.
    Maybe im missing something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Big error in the catalogue yesterday, advertising a 50" TV for €260.

Which TV? The main big catalogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

mcw92 wrote: »
    Windows 8 and 2GB Ram..:rolleyes:

Heres one with 4GB.
    Similar newer processor.
    Cheaper too.

€279.99

Cheers for the links, have a daughter looking for a laptop from Santa, mainly just to play minecraft (groan), and these seem ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Specs wise the first laptop isn't too great. The second is better value for your money but dell is also selling their new Inspiron 15" with those same specs for €250. It's missing a few things like a DVD drive and bluetooth I think but for some it might be a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Spotted that yesterday.

The description is for a Sammy 50", but the catalogue number is for a 32" Toshiba or something. Would've chanced my arm with it, but there was no 32" in stock!

mcw92 wrote: »
    Heres one with 4GB.
    Similar newer processor.
    Cheaper too.

€279.99

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I've reserved both in Argos but think I'll go to PC World now instead :o *

Decision, decisions ....

• Advertisement

Plascebo wrote: »
    Cheers for the links, have a daughter looking for a laptop from Santa, mainly just to play minecraft (groan), and these seem ideal!

Check the posts after mine - some people who know what they are talking about recommend other laptops - I'm probably going to PC world now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement