Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bur wrote: »
    Bought a ps4 pro last week before they had any deals on it. They have a deal now with two games plus €30. Would argos refund me if i bring it back?

Have you opened it?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Anyone know what time the stock system updates to reflect reservations not collected/ general stock update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I'm trying to reserve a number of the same items online bit it's not giving me an option of picking a quantity. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Will let you change quantity in the basket area, on same screen where you put in email and ph number.

Stock levels update at different times, depending on store closing time, usually within 1/2 hour of closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

No it won't let me change quantity, even on the email/ phone number page. When I tried to reserve a few at the weekend I had to do it separately and received a text alert for each one of my them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

Is anyone having problems with the 'Check Stock in your area' button on the website? I keep getting "An error occurred" and cannot check.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

403335.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

VOUCHERS ARE BACK!!

r1.jpg

They are also valid up to January 3rd and available between 7th and 13th of December

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/giftvoucher1.htm?mvt=HP1_main1

beware of condition 18. A voucher code gives you a discount on a single purchase and can only be used once (even if the purchase costs less than the code value).

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Yes the Vouchers are back - Hurrah Hurrah.

But in case you didn't notice, their prices have shot up.

Got a budget laptop for €189 yesterday - €230 today.

Vouchers !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Typical. I spent €180 there yesterday 😣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Typical. I spent €180 there yesterday 😣

Yeah how much is the product today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same. It's a phone so I can't bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Yes the Vouchers are back - Hurrah Hurrah.

But in case you didn't notice, their prices have shot up.

Got a budget laptop for €189 yesterday - €230 today.

Vouchers !!!

Sony KD49XD8088BU Cat 538/1573

Price yesterday €799, current price valid until 20/1/2017.

Price today €919

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Invincible wrote: »
    Sony KD49XD8088BU Cat 538/1573

Price yesterday €799, current price valid until 20/1/2017.

Price today €919

The price of that set was €919 yesterday also as I was reserving everyday this week as I was trying to decide if I was going to buy it or not. I ended it purchasing yesterday, was initially charged €919 but upon showing them reservation price of €799, I got it for €799 along with the €10 voucher and hopefully €25 back via permanentTSB rewards :)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The price of that set was €919 yesterday also as I was reserving everyday this week as I was trying to decide if I was going to buy it or not. I ended it purchasing yesterday, was initially charged €919 but upon showing them reservation price of €799, I got it for €799 along with the €10 voucher and hopefully €25 back via permanentTSB rewards :)

Well when I reserved at 12.10 on Tuesday night, it was €799. I was undecided on it too and after researching have decided to leave it as it has an IPS panel, going for a Samsung KS7000 instead.
    Reservation valid until close tonight in Sligo, if anyone wants email reservation?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Would you believe, I was also looking at the Samsung model too, but having had 2 Samsungs go bad on me in last 4 years, I decided not too. I've always loved samsungs too

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Would you believe, I was also looking at the Samsung model too, but having had 2 Samsungs go bad on me in last 4 years, I decided not too. I've always loved samsungs too

Have you set up Sony yet?
    How deep are the blacks?
    Setting's could be available on avforums.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Bought the Sony KD-55XD80 on Amazon during black Friday for under eur900. Super tv, no back light bleeding Thank God which was a major problem on my previous Sony KD-49X8307C which I bought in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

foggy_lad wrote: »
    VOUCHERS ARE BACK!!

Can you redeem more than one voucher against one purchase? Thinking of splitting up the Christmas shopping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You can use more than one voucher at a time. You will only get a €5 voucher if you spend between
    €50 and €99.99 and one €10 for any spend €100 or higher, you don't get two €10 vouchers for spending €200 in one transaction, however if you buy 2 €100 transactions you would get two €10 vouchers so split your purchasing to maximize the vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I got three packs of those lights last week foolishly not reading the description properly and thinking they were mains powered.
    Just advising everyone that they're fairly dull even with good batteries in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I got three packs of those lights last week foolishly not reading the description properly and thinking they were mains powered.
    Just advising everyone that they're fairly dull even with good batteries in them.

I got them last week and have to say they aren't dull, have them on the outside and are nearly as bright as neighbors mains powered ones, very happy with them, still burning bright after a week. They have auto on/off, so hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

xabi wrote: »
    I got them last week and have to say they aren't dull, have them on the outside and are nearly as bright as neighbors mains powered ones, very happy with them, still burning bright after a week.

+1 to this.

I also got a set to put on one of the trees outside and very impressed thus far! Very bright and loads of speed settings. Nice buy if you can get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

We have a set, with cheap batteries in, decorating a tree outside and they are plenty bright enough IMO. The timer is a great feature and the lights have been running all week on the cheap batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

+1 to this.

I also got a set to put on one of the trees outside and very impressed thus far! Very bright and loads of speed settings. Nice buy if you can get them :)

battery lasts more than a week?
    thats good. do we know how long can it go without recharge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Lights work of 3x AA batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Putting them up now you'd definitely get past xmas with good batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

DubDJ wrote: »
    Sony MDR ZX330BT - Bluetooth Headphones

49.99 Euro + add 1c :D for the 5 Euro Argos voucher.

Good reviews and lowest price, similar to Amazon which has been 40 Sterling at its lowest.

Product Link

Very little stock unfortunately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

xabi wrote: »
    I got them last week and have to say they aren't dull, have them on the outside and are nearly as bright as neighbors mains powered ones, very happy with them, still burning bright after a week. They have auto on/off, so hassle free.

I have Duracell in mine and very impressed with the brightness.
    How does the auto on/off work though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 velvet rose

kceire wrote:
    I have Duracell in mine and very impressed with the brightness. How does the auto on/off work though?

I find mine great too. If you don't change the setting it turns itself off after 8 hours and turns back on after 16 hours. But if you switch setting the 8hrs starts again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement