Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso Citiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just note: the machine itself is cheap - but the consumables (capsules in this case) are very expensive. I stopped using it because of this!

Espresso machine off amazon: £50. Bag of beans or ground coffee = **** all. Result = nicer coffee for a lot cheaper. And no it's not that much hassle and you don't need to be a barista.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

To answer my own question, looks like the welcome pack has to be your first order online. Unfortunately I'd ordered the intense assortment before my voucher card arrived (welcome pack was out of stock) and the welcome pack doesnt show up for me anymore. Guess ill give them a ring and see if I can still order

Edit: found info on the contact us page - "Nespresso offer two Welcome Offer packs, exclusively available on your first purchase, which consist of a pre-selected range of Grands Crus. These are specially designed to give Club Members the chance to be introduced to the world of Nespresso and our Grand Cru coffees."

Edit 2: They put it through over the phone without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭leecurlywurly

bideye wrote: »
    Very tempted to buy this just a q is the coffee nice and hot from this machine
    srsly78 wrote: »
    Just note: the machine itself is cheap - but the consumables (capsules in this case) are very expensive. I stopped using it because of this!

Espresso machine off amazon: £50. Bag of beans or ground coffee = **** all. Result = nicer coffee for a lot cheaper. And no it's not that much hassle and you don't need to be a barista.

Nice & hot?

I have one at my office. I enjoy the coffee, it's nice and strong as well as creamy if using the milk frother. There have been a few times where it wasn't hot hot however you can resolve this by warming up the mug before using it or milk frother is hot milk..

Expensive?
    Nespresso coffee can be expensive but there is an option using a reusable cap & fill you choice of coffee. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Newest-Version-Reusable-Nespresso-Capsule-set-Built-Stainless-Steel-Filter-/230719746818?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item35b7f7f302

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Batesy wrote: »
    Anyone know how long Debenhams deliveries usually take after the order status changes to dispatched?

Are they shipped from Ireland or the UK?

Ordered Sunday evening and dispatched yesterday evening.

Thanks again OP!!

Can't wait to hear how long it takes for you to get yours.
    I ordered Monday and dispatched this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

What you recommend? Machine wise? coffee wise?

• Advertisement

Depends what is on special offer. I got a Russell Hobbes one for £50 off amazon.co.uk. As for coffee, whatever is on special in aldi/lidl! Can get surprisingly good deals.

Another advantage of a proper machine is having a double shot filter. Those lungo capsules are not doubles tbh...

Note that ALL machines including Nespresso suffer from the same issues when it comes to maintenance. If you neglect to descale your machine will rapidly degrade. Nespresso sell a special descaling kit for a tenner, but I don't see the point of this. Normal capful of descaler would work just as well I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Depends what is on special offer. I got a Russell Hobbes one for £50 off amazon.co.uk. As for coffee, whatever is on special in aldi/lidl! Can get surprisingly good deals.

These comments I don't understand. Coffee people often go on about the grinder; the coffee machine; the bean; the process etc. all contributing to make the perfect cup...

Yet you say, to just buy a cheap random machine from Amazon with whatever cheap coffee is available in Lidl (pre ground I presume)... How can this be superior to Nespresso? I'm not denying it is a way to get decent coffee, but its certainly not a way to produce excellent coffee. IMHO Nespresso would be far superior to this... although this method may by chance throw up a random result that may produce good coffee, I wouldn't rely on it.

If you enjoy a really nice cup of coffee, then you will enjoy Nespresso. If you are a coffee appreciator and like to get very involved in the process, you will already know & probably have most of the tools already...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Another advantage of a proper machine is having a double shot filter. Those lungo capsules are not doubles tbh...

Note that ALL machines including Nespresso suffer from the same issues when it comes to maintenance. If you neglect to descale your machine will rapidly degrade. Nespresso sell a special descaling kit for a tenner, but I don't see the point of this. Normal capful of descaler would work just as well I guess?

I agree - I didn't descale my old nespresso machine and I had to throw it out last Summer. So silly, complete laziness on my behalf and a waste of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Really silly question, does this make a full cup of coffee or just one of the little shot glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭leecurlywurly

rustyzip wrote: »

Ordered mine on Fri evening and received this morning. Comes with 12 capsules!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Ordered mine on Fri evening and received this morning. Comes with 12 capsules!

Is there a voucher re the e80 credit included? Wanted to check is this definitely available with this machine before ordering.

Thanks for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Nespresso coffee can be expensive but there is an option using a reusable cap & fill you choice of coffee. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Newest-Version-Reusable-Nespresso-Capsule-set-Built-Stainless-Steel-Filter-/230719746818?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item35b7f7f302

Hope that helps!

Problem is the nespresso capsule is too small and holds only about 5g of coffee when compacted. A real espresso machine uses twice or more than that. I think the senseo machines with a coffee duck are a better compromise you can load up to 14g of coffee and still use the pods which are more readily available in tesco etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

rustyzip wrote: »

Ordered on Saturday. Despatch mail on Sunday. Arrived just now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭jacool

and you're on here ? typing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Really silly question, does this make a full cup of coffee or just one of the little shot glasses?
    Each capsule is one "cup" of coffee, you can set it to espresso (tiny shot glass) or lungo (normal cup I guess?). The different capsules say which type they are most suited for but nothing stopping you just using whatever you like. The two modes have a preset amount of water that the machine will pump through the coffee but you can hold the button for longer if you want a larger but weaker coffee [it will remember this setting for the next coffee too].

Personally I love 1 capsule of 'Roma', 'Arpeggio' or 'Fortissio' topped up with boiling water and a small bit of milk. The de-caff capsules are great too!

I have had a pixie machine for about 2 years now and love it. It gets used at least twice every day and this thread reminds me its due another descaling...
    The machines themselves are cheap really, its obvious they are a loss leader to make the money back in the capsules. But if you want a really nice cup of coffee made quickly, you can't beat it. Obviously the "cost per cup" would be a hell of a lot less if you buy a more expensive machine initially and just by coffee beans from where ever.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    These comments I don't understand. Coffee people often go on about the grinder; the coffee machine; the bean; the process etc. all contributing to make the perfect cup...

Yet you say, to just buy a cheap random machine from Amazon with whatever cheap coffee is available in Lidl (pre ground I presume)... How can this be superior to Nespresso? I'm not denying it is a way to get decent coffee, but its certainly not a way to produce excellent coffee. IMHO Nespresso would be far superior to this... although this method may by chance throw up a random result that may produce good coffee, I wouldn't rely on it.

If you enjoy a really nice cup of coffee, then you will enjoy Nespresso. If you are a coffee appreciator and like to get very involved in the process, you will already know & probably have most of the tools already...

Don't mind snobs. Just because something is good value doesn't make it bad. You can get multipacks of Lavazza coffee in Dunnes as well as lidl/aldi. Can get pre-ground or in bean form, it's up to you. Definitely does not belong on the "bargain alert" forum!

Nespresso is not superior to anything, it's just marketed that way. Coffee snobs definitely don't use Nespresso :p I used Nespresso for a few years until the machine broke down. It's fine, but I couldn't justify the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Good Stuff!

Can I ask did it arrive via An Post or Courier?

Batesy wrote: »
    Good Stuff!

Can I ask did it arrive via An Post or Courier?

Courier - Nightline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Nespresso is not superior to anything, it's just marketed that way. Coffee snobs definitely don't use Nespresso :p I used Nespresso for a few years until the machine broke down. It's fine, but I couldn't justify the cost.

For me it's the convenience, having a decent coffee in the mornings in less than a minute without any mess to clean up. And the coffee stays nice and fresh in those pods. If you don't drink much it's decent value for money. An Americano at the coffee shop costs 2.00 - 2.50.

I'd love to have a grinder and a Gaggia etc, was thinking about getting those.. But I know myself, I'd stop using it after a few weeks because of all the hassle with cleaning everything, waiting several minutes for the water to boil, etc...

By the way you can use the machine to make Americano's also, I just flush the cartridge through to the bin and use the lungo button to fill the cup up with hot water. This cleans the machine as well at the same time.

Oh one more tip, it takes a good while before you get that voucher. It doesn't come in the box, you have to order it through their website. Took about a month for me.

I thought the same, and am lazy. But using the "proper" machine is not really that much more hassle I find. Just part of the routine. Pre-ground foil packed coffee for the lazy. Yes it can be messy, I have to force myself to clean up each time - otherwise the filter gets blocked. Luckily this is just a matter of emptying the filter, then blasting water through.

For my usual cup of coffee I would have used 2 nespresso pods, it got expensive very quickly - I drink a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

maximum time can be set at around 1min 20 for one pour for a fairly full cup of coffee. just set ours up today to do it and the other smaller one for lungo size at 45 secs

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Just pulled the trigger on this. Looking forward to trying it out.

maximum time can be set at around 1min 20 for one pour for a fairly full cup of coffee. just set ours up today to do it and the other smaller one for lungo size at 45 secs

If you blast too much water through the capsule it will taste horrible. Eject the capsule and press again to get hot water for topup.

Is there a voucher re the e80 credit included? Wanted to check is this definitely available with this machine before ordering.

Thanks for any help.

Bump..:)

There is no voucher included, but you don't need it. Just register your machine on the nespresso site and mail them a copy of the bill.

https://www.nespressoukpromotions.com/consumer/mobile/consumerdetails.aspx?Type=Trade&Country=ROI

You need to register with nespresso first, as you need your member number.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

Using this fairly often now since I got it and the only complaint is it's a bit noisy - apart from that its super

Thanks Cheshire_Cat.. might look at getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

There is no voucher included, but you don't need it. Just register your machine on the nespresso site and mail them a copy of the bill.

https://www.nespressoukpromotions.com/consumer/mobile/consumerdetails.aspx?Type=Trade&Country=ROI

You need to register with nespresso first, as you need your member number.

What if you buy this for someone and give it as a gift?!
    What happens with the voucher?

I was thinking of buying two for my parents and my inlaws but they wont have a clue how to register and I'll only have one receipt!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lunaarli wrote: »
    What if you buy this for someone and give it as a gift?!
    What happens with the voucher?

I was thinking of buying two for my parents and my inlaws but they wont have a clue how to register and I'll only have one receipt!?
    ask for a gift receipt

• Advertisement

There are two options to tick. One is that you received the machine as a present. You also have the option to choose whether you want to deal with them by email or snail mail. I'd say you can register it for them, too.

Advertisement