Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Brides

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Yep 7 weeks for us and for the most part it's almost all done, couple of things left to do - it's all organized tho, at least in my head!

(I'm a bit peeded off today off with some negative comments I've heard back from his side - but no matter, I refuse to let some people drag me down):mad:

So yep, it's all very close now.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

We got engaged just before Chirstmas, and are at right midpoint of saving, saving, saving!!!!!

Getting married New years eve, all deposits paid on bigger items and trying not to think too much of the whole thing, for now.

Looking forward to July, because we have decided to take out a loan and pay most things off in one go(bar retainers just in case!). The loan is only to give us a head start and we will able to repay quickly enough at a lower rate than we have been saving. I hate saving and am thoroughly bored with the process.

The only big thing left is my dress. This however has to be left for now. I am seriously working on weight loss, but not just weight loss for the day - working on my entire relationship with food and my fitness levels. Its another slow progress, but I am making headway with it. Going to wait untill september and have appointments made for the oxfam and bernados wedding dress shops in dublin. I am frustrated that I can't try on dresses yet but there would be no point, as my shape is changing slowly but surely - down from size 22 at our engagement party in Jan to a size 16, aiming for a 12!

We also ended up avoiding any wedding fairs whatsoever as I am a woeful impulse buyer and our budget is quite strict - we have what we want - no need for my impulse purchases!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Well done Birdie!

January wrote: »
    Well done Birdie!

Thank you January, been a tough year so far with personal demons being faced on my part, but hey ho what an end to the year it will be for both our houses, with the biggest shindig ever!!! hope all is well with you and your family(I remember from previous posts you have a lot on your plate also).

Bring on NYE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't even get me started it's gotten worse since then lol but we'll get through it :) Like you said what an end to the year it will be. I cannot wait to count down at midnight as a newly married couple. I bet you can't either.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Don't even get me started it's gotten worse since then lol but we'll get through it :) Like you said what an end to the year it will be. I cannot wait to count down at midnight as a newly married couple. I bet you can't either.

That is gonna be the most awesome countdown ever!!! NYE is a big deal in our house, and always was when I in family home growing up, whoop whoop cannot wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Birdie086 wrote: »
    We got engaged just before Chirstmas, and are at right midpoint of saving, saving, saving!!!!!

Getting married New years eve, all deposits paid on bigger items and trying not to think too much of the whole thing, for now.

Looking forward to July, because we have decided to take out a loan and pay most things off in one go(bar retainers just in case!). The loan is only to give us a head start and we will able to repay quickly enough at a lower rate than we have been saving. I hate saving and am thoroughly bored with the process.

The only big thing left is my dress. This however has to be left for now. I am seriously working on weight loss, but not just weight loss for the day - working on my entire relationship with food and my fitness levels. Its another slow progress, but I am making headway with it. Going to wait untill september and have appointments made for the oxfam and bernados wedding dress shops in dublin. I am frustrated that I can't try on dresses yet but there would be no point, as my shape is changing slowly but surely - down from size 22 at our engagement party in Jan to a size 16, aiming for a 12!

We also ended up avoiding any wedding fairs whatsoever as I am a woeful impulse buyer and our budget is quite strict - we have what we want - no need for my impulse purchases!!!

Wow! Fair play. My excess weight is probably the thing that's making me drag my heels about booking my wedding. I don't want to be upset by it closer the time, but I also don't know can I shift it fast enough! It also makes dress shopping complicated- I don't like the idea of buying a dress that fits me now, because that's like giving up and saying it's ok to hang on to the extra pounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just reading Congratulations to you Birdie!! Jes that is great sorry im not a 2014 but like I just like to pop in for a sneak peak... Keep up the good work youll look fab on the day and forever more not that I doubt you do already

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

4 months to go today. Getting excited now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Hello,
    Just popping in with an update. 7 weeks to the day til we are Mr and Mrs.
    Picked up the invitations from the Printer. Hen Night is in a month's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 MrsB2be

Hi All, OP here
    1 week and 6 days until the big day :)

Can't believe how close we are now!!

Loads to do this weekend and next (collect suits, dress, bridesmaids dresses, rings etc) all beauty appointments are booked, it will literally take me a week to scrub up well haha!!

Loving the excitement and seeing everything coming together now!

Happy planning :) xx

Good Luck MrsB2be. I hope you have a fabulous day and enjoy every minute

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Good luck Mrs2be!!! 87 days to go and counting here, doing the invites this coming week, picked up the bridesmaids dresses last wednesday which were only €50 each and are absolutely stunning. Makes my gorgeous 11 year old look really grown up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Hey Mrs2Be, I'm the day after you!! Sooo much to do but it's getting exciting now :)

Good luck to all the July Brides. I hope you all have an amazing wedding day

Advertisement