Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental property Inspected by County Council

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I had the similar inspection with Cork City council. It's an old house so it has draughts like all old houses. The lad inspecting it pointed out that it had to have xmm2 ventilation (can't remember the exact figure), I just looked at him for 20 secs and he burst out laughing - the problem in Ireland is stopping the free flow of air in our houses, not increasing it.
    Actually, what rules are there about preventing draughts at doors and windows?
    If the owner is going to argue the point I doubt they are going to let any further inspections happen either.

Then either the judge is going to order a further inspection or will fill the property owner guilty.

Advertisement