Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Ted Baker mens clothes

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Middle Man wrote: »
    For the record, when I mean boot cut jeans, I mean this!

Those are pretty bad no offense, top block is fine but below the knee they have no shape whatsoever it's just a mass of excess fabric.
    The back pockets are hideous too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

padi89 wrote: »
    Those are pretty bad no offense, top block is fine but below the knee they have no shape whatsoever it's just a mass of excess fabric.
    The back pockets are hideous too.

Exactly.

The only people who wear these sort of jeans are.....

11022-Deluxe-Rawhide-Renegade-Cowboy-Costume-main.jpg

Cowboys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Ok I get it, a man being a man is not cool!

Well, I suppose fashion is stupid anyway and I'll just get back to my chess games - I really don't know why I'm wasting time with this feminist nonsense. I'm certainly not entertaining the fad of going around like a ballet dancer and looking back 20 years later in embarrassment. As of now, most photos of myself 20 years ago are not embarrassing, so I guess I'm doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Middle Man wrote: »
    Ok I get it, a man being a man is not cool!

Well, I suppose fashion is stupid anyway and I'll just get back to my chess games - I really don't know why I'm wasting time with this feminist nonsense. I'm certainly not entertaining the fad of going around like a ballet dancer and looking back 20 years later in embarrassment. As of now, most photos of myself 20 years ago are not embarrassing, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Feminist nonsense? Ballet dancers?

What the hell are you on about? Are you projecting other issues into this?

padi89 wrote: »
    You don't need to be tall and rail thin to wear slim jeans, the clue is really in the name "slim", if your in reasonable shape they look good on most. If your more built then yes a straight jean will usually be better suited that's why I mentioned both. A straight cut is the most universal cut and flatters majority of men, it's bog standard. Bootcut jeans don't really flatter any shape, middle aged men like to wear them because they watch too much top gear and think Jeremy Clarkson looks cool.

Oh no, you're not anti-car as well... :(

I don't watch Top Gear or care about Top Gear - I think petrol heads give the perfect excuse for hair brained traffic calming ideas. However, as I will continue with looser clothes within reason (and nothing to do with Top Gear), I will continue driving with due care and support motorway construction where needed - I think we need to get back to basics!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Middle Man, please, this is a discussion board, no need to get so defensive just because people don't agree with you.

Feminist nonsense? Ballet dancers?

What the hell are you on about? Are you projecting other issues into this?

What about the comments (not by you I know) relating to Top Gear and cowboys??? Remember, two can play that game...

Twee. wrote: »
    Middle Man, please, this is a discussion board, no need to get so defensive just because people don't agree with you.

I'm backing off from the discussion in any case - if I do return, I'll bear this in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

hfallada wrote: »
    Zara are best for jeans and trousers. A slim leg ( its not skinny, but looks tailored) is ideal for a Irish man. Boot cut makes an Irish man look 4 stone heavier than he is. Plus anyone who wears anything that is stone washed needs their head examined. If it didn't look well on Justin timberlake, it wouldn't look well on a fifty year old man with a beer belly.

Most of Zara's stuff is made in Europe or turkey so its pretty good quality. A designer company that makes stuff in china cares only about their profit margin and not quality.
    I like zara, I think their designs are nice. But their quality is pretty crap (although decent in comparison to half of British high street). It doesnot matter where clothes are made it matters how high are the manufacturing standards.I know a company that use to saw for Boss. The production of their stuff was way more demanding than comparable own lines. I'm not saying Boss is better than similar brands but Zara and co are not that great despite being made in Europe.

Advertisement