Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Weak beer for <snip>

• 28-12-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ SlowBlowin

Hi

I used to drink strong lager, <mod snip>

I am a welshman living in kerry, and spend a lot of time in england and when I am there I drink Labbats blue in tins, which is 2.8 % and tastes really good. I have tried all the no alcohol beers available and to a greater of lesser extent they taste like pi$$.

Can anyone recommend a light lager in cans, available in kerry ? The lowest I can find is 4.3 % !

SB
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 blueshed

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Hi

I used to drink strong lager, <mod snip>

I am a welshman living in kerry, and spend a lot of time in england and when I am there I drink Labbats blue in tins, which is 2.8 % and tastes really good. I have tried all the no alcohol beers available and to a greater of lesser extent they taste like pi$$.

Can anyone recommend a light lager in cans, available in kerry ? The lowest I can find is 4.3 % !

SB

i know it's not cans but Tesco stock a few different bottles of beer that are 2.3% - 2.8%.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272136498

last time i checked both Naas and Maynooth they had 5 different btls, should be a large Tesco in Kerry that stocks them.

if thats not what you want you could always ask an off licence to get a case of low alcohol beer in for you, no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ SlowBlowin

Hi

Thanks for the tip, there a big tescos in Killarney, I will pick up a few bottles next week and let you know the verdict.

Thanks.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,877 ✭✭✭✭ The Hill Billy

It is fine to ask for info on beers of all strengths in this forum - but if you introduce details of your medical history again - this thread will be closed.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ SlowBlowin

OK.

I am just looking for low alcohol (2.5%) tinned lager for sale in Ireland, I like stronger lager, but am worried about my consumption.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ ian_m

Lowest I have seen around is a lager in Aldi called Galahad. 3.8% There is that one in Tesco mentioned above, less than 3%. I think it may be called Proper Job.

Would you consider drinking shandys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,044 ✭✭✭ Heroditas

ian_m wrote: »
    Lowest I have seen around is a lager in Aldi called Galahad. 3.8% There is that one in Tesco mentioned above, less than 3%. I think it may be called Proper Job.

Would you consider drinking shandys?

Proper Job is greater than 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ ian_m

Heroditas wrote: »
    Proper Job is greater than 5%

I think you are right. I know there is a weaker beer in Tesco but the name has slipped my mind...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭ irish_goat

ian_m wrote: »
    I think you are right. I know there is a weaker beer in Tesco but the name has slipped my mind...

Dunno if it's available down south but there's Marston's Pale Ale (2.8%) up north.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Ravelleman

Get some fortifying milk stout like Mackeson.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,222 ✭✭✭✭ rubadub

You could try diluting beer with fizzy water. Many big brand commercial beers are brewed to a higher % and diluted down anyway, so its not that odd a thing to do.

2L of sparkling water is 61cent in tesco, so probably will work out cheaper than low % beers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭ donaghs

Ireland's ubiquitous Smithwick's is only 3.8%.

I saw a low alcohol Bavaria in a Tesco recently, it was 2.8% I think. But with most Tesco's it not one the standard Guinness, Heineken Bud brands, you can't guarantee they'll stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,760 ✭✭✭✭ Lovely Bloke

Tesco stock a beer called Brewer's Dark, which is 2.8% on the label

Advertisement