Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weak beer for <snip>

• 28-12-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

Hi

I used to drink strong lager, <mod snip>

I am a welshman living in kerry, and spend a lot of time in england and when I am there I drink Labbats blue in tins, which is 2.8 % and tastes really good. I have tried all the no alcohol beers available and to a greater of lesser extent they taste like pi$$.

Can anyone recommend a light lager in cans, available in kerry ? The lowest I can find is 4.3 % !

SB
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Hi

I used to drink strong lager, <mod snip>

I am a welshman living in kerry, and spend a lot of time in england and when I am there I drink Labbats blue in tins, which is 2.8 % and tastes really good. I have tried all the no alcohol beers available and to a greater of lesser extent they taste like pi$$.

Can anyone recommend a light lager in cans, available in kerry ? The lowest I can find is 4.3 % !

SB

i know it's not cans but Tesco stock a few different bottles of beer that are 2.3% - 2.8%.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272136498

last time i checked both Naas and Maynooth they had 5 different btls, should be a large Tesco in Kerry that stocks them.

if thats not what you want you could always ask an off licence to get a case of low alcohol beer in for you, no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Hi

Thanks for the tip, there a big tescos in Killarney, I will pick up a few bottles next week and let you know the verdict.

Thanks.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,742 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is fine to ask for info on beers of all strengths in this forum - but if you introduce details of your medical history again - this thread will be closed.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

OK.

I am just looking for low alcohol (2.5%) tinned lager for sale in Ireland, I like stronger lager, but am worried about my consumption.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Lowest I have seen around is a lager in Aldi called Galahad. 3.8% There is that one in Tesco mentioned above, less than 3%. I think it may be called Proper Job.

Would you consider drinking shandys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Heroditas

ian_m wrote: »
    Lowest I have seen around is a lager in Aldi called Galahad. 3.8% There is that one in Tesco mentioned above, less than 3%. I think it may be called Proper Job.

Would you consider drinking shandys?

Proper Job is greater than 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Heroditas wrote: »
    Proper Job is greater than 5%

I think you are right. I know there is a weaker beer in Tesco but the name has slipped my mind...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

ian_m wrote: »
    I think you are right. I know there is a weaker beer in Tesco but the name has slipped my mind...

Dunno if it's available down south but there's Marston's Pale Ale (2.8%) up north.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Get some fortifying milk stout like Mackeson.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could try diluting beer with fizzy water. Many big brand commercial beers are brewed to a higher % and diluted down anyway, so its not that odd a thing to do.

2L of sparkling water is 61cent in tesco, so probably will work out cheaper than low % beers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭donaghs

Ireland's ubiquitous Smithwick's is only 3.8%.

I saw a low alcohol Bavaria in a Tesco recently, it was 2.8% I think. But with most Tesco's it not one the standard Guinness, Heineken Bud brands, you can't guarantee they'll stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Tesco stock a beer called Brewer's Dark, which is 2.8% on the label

Advertisement