Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Stations pulling xmas songs

Options
  • 25-12-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭

I really love the xmas songs on radio , but I like to only let myself in for them for the last week before xmas. but the last two years I have noticed that radio stations stop playing xmas songs after st.stephens day, I think I remember in the late 1990s espically xmas sons were payed dup until new years day? it seems that te media and co have brought the xmas season up from dec 1st to dec 26th. I thought it should be from 12th dec to 2 jan?? when do u usually say to people " how did you get over the Christmas?" I hate when people say this on stephens day. I usually thought it would be the few days after new years. seems irish people have relly fallen out of love with the whole new years thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Definitely agree, I even remember Christmas lasting until Little Christmas on 6 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

guarutee you if you flick through the stations on radio tomorrow, Christmas songs will be in short supply

Advertisement