Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos: tefal actifry 1.2kg down to €129.99, 1.5kg for €199.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Did chips for the first time in my actifry and wasn't blown away. They were just like oven chips, nice and fuffy alright but very dry, burnt tips with soggy bits too. I used fresh cut chips so will have to do a bit of experementing. Might try two scoops of oil but that kinda defeats the purpose. Any tips from you actifry pros?

Fresh cut chips are not the best, better are frozen chips straight into it as they already have sunflower oil when frozen...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, i find that good oven chips come out very well in the actifry, but if you are using fresh, cut and soak them in water first for 30 mins to get some of the starch out and then pat dry.

i also just wash them, but leave the skins on, not sure if it was just lazy or not to begin with but i actually prefer them now with the skins on. :)

flavoured oil as well, i just use the oriental stir-fry oils you get in the supermarket. normally just small bottles but you're only using a tablespoon at a time so it does last and definitely adds to the flavour.

I also usually put the actifry on to heat up whilst i'm doing the prep work, although i don't know how much of a difference it makes.

the right spuds makes all the difference too, the best i could find were some nice fresh white ones (no roosters) from Lidl or Aldi, Manor Farm or something? Maybe Keogh's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

vibe666 wrote: »
    yeah, i find that good oven chips come out very well in the actifry, but if you are using fresh, cut and soak them in water first for 30 mins to get some of the starch out and then pat dry.

i also just wash them, but leave the skins on, not sure if it was just lazy or not to begin with but i actually prefer them now with the skins on. :)

flavoured oil as well, i just use the oriental stir-fry oils you get in the supermarket. normally just small bottles but you're only using a tablespoon at a time so it does last and definitely adds to the flavour.

I also usually put the actifry on to heat up whilst i'm doing the prep work, although i don't know how much of a difference it makes.

the right spuds makes all the difference too, the best i could find were some nice fresh white ones (no roosters) from Lidl or Aldi, Manor Farm or something? Maybe Keogh's?

I did all that prep work too with the soaking and drying. I did use roosters though, maybe that was my problem. I'll try and get another variety and maybe some decent oven chips to compare

Advertisement