Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Van

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I see the go safe van on the Cork-Mallow road earlier, Bah humbugs. ..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quick query,are these vans meant to be parked around accident blackspots?

There was one parked outside the VEC in Enniscorthy today & IIRC they were told not to park there anymore after so many complaints that it was just a location to collect revenue rather than actual road safety.The van hadn't been there in around 18 months but today it was parked up shooting fish in a barrel as the speed limit signs on that stretch of road are ambiguous at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

zerks wrote: »
    Quick query,are these vans meant to be parked around accident blackspots?

They don't have to be at the blackspot. Generally the blackspot is on a road and they decide how long to make the 'zone'

That road (R702) is a GoSafe zone so they can operate anywhere the wish along the zone. You'll often find however that they can only operate in one or two locations i.e. Conveniently around a blind corner, no line of sight on approach and at a convenient pull in location i.e. You can guess where they are going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ironclaw wrote: »
    They don't have to be at the blackspot. Generally the blackspot is on a road and they decide how long to make the 'zone'

That road (R702) is a GoSafe zone so they can operate anywhere the wish along the zone. You'll often find however that they can only operate in one or two locations i.e. Conveniently around a blind corner, no line of sight on approach and at a convenient pull in location i.e. You can guess where they are going to be.

As I said,I'm nearly certain they were told not to park there as it was tantamount to extortion as people were being done for doing slightly over the 50kph limit as there are large 60kph signs on the road yet nearer the location that the van was there are miniscule 50kph signs which are barely noticeable so people kept on or below the 60kph limit & thought they were doing the right thing.
    Funny how the van doesn't park at the other side of the town where the 'ethnic minority' race each other in vans & jeeps.:rolleyes:

zerks wrote: »
    As I said,I'm nearly certain they were told not to park there as it was tantamount to extortion as people were being done for doing slightly over the 50kph limit as there are large 60kph signs on the road yet nearer the location that the van was there are miniscule 50kph signs which are barely noticeable so people kept on or below the 60kph limit & thought they were doing the right thing.
    Funny how the van doesn't park at the other side of the town where the 'ethnic minority' race each other in vans & jeeps.:rolleyes:

Unless a judge told them not to park there, then it doesn't matter a yarn. GoSafe can operate in any marked zone, outside those zones, its Garda van territory.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Garda vans can operate anywhere, I'm pretty sure that includes inside GoSafe zones.

rovoagho wrote: »
    Garda vans can operate anywhere, I'm pretty sure that includes inside GoSafe zones.

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

@ Ironclaw

(our views on speeding may differ, but..)

you have the patience of a saint.

I've long since given up explainig speed cams etc on the motors forum

it feels like an infinite loop

Apple_Campus_One_Infinite_Loop_Sign.jpg

Advertisement