Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Fools and Horses to return in 2014?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

goose2005 wrote: »

...You were joking, weren't you? ;);)

That clip, of course, comes from Mash and Peas. Is it really nearly twenty years since Lucas and Walliams made it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Surely it can't be any worse than Rock & Chips?

Interestingly the guy who played Slater was initially supposed to play the part of Del Boy.

& look where he is now Oscar Winner Jim Broadbent, as you'd never think that was him then, i wonder where would David Jason be if he wasnt cast either
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I loved that episode with Gary the illegal immigrant. Brilliant it was :cool:

That was the one with Denzel, Rodney & Del getting the booze on the ferry & did something bad happen to Denzel as usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭timfinnegan

Always hated OFAH, which seems to put me in a minority of one.

• Advertisement

Del Boy and co will reappear for the charity fundraiser - but the BBC denies reports of a full-blown comeback - link

Only Fools and Horses is being lined up for a long-awaited return to our TV screens in the spring.
    Sir David Jason, 73, and Nicholas Lyndhurst, 52, will be back as wheeler-dealer Del Boy and hapless Rodney in March, it has been revealed.
    Viewers will see the telly favourites in a sketch – written by the sons of creator John Sullivan, Dan and Jim – to be shown during BBC's Sport Relief...
    Also:
    Earlier this year it was revealed that an episode of Only Fools and Horses that never aired on telly had been unearthed.
    Titled Licensed To Drill, the 1984 special shows Del Boy trying to make a quick quid by getting involved in the oil business.
    The 19-minute special has dropped under the radar for many fans of the sitcom as it was an educational programme funded by the oil industry, played in some school science lessons in the 1980s, to encourage children to follow a career in oil.
    It looks like John Sullivan was gonna revive it before he died in 2011 & the sons are now gonna carry it out, well let's hope they're as good as their father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Del Boy and co will reappear for the charity fundraiser - but the BBC denies reports of a full-blown comeback - link

Also:

It looks like John Sullivan was gonna revive it before he died in 2011 & the sons are now gonna carry it out, well let's hope they're as good as their father.

Can't see a full return happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roger Lloyd-Pack died today RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ah no, trigger has left us, such a brilliant character,RIP Rodger Lloyd pack:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Good luck, Trigs. Don't listen to the voices in your head telling you the pearly gates would make for great scrap metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh dear Trigger has left us. What a wonderful actor to be cast for Only Fools and Horses.

R.I.P Trigs. You're a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Very sad news, I didn't know he was ill. He was a very good comic actor - I an't imagine anyone else playing Trigger as well.

Roger Lloyd-Pack was also a good actor in things like Doc Martin, Doctor Who, Harry Potter and Survivors. He will be missed RIP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It will never be the same without Trigger.

R.I.P. Roger Lloyd-Pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

R.I.P. Trigger.
    Easily one of the best characters in the show, probably my favourite of the lot. It wouldn't be OFAH without Trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

"If it's a girl they're calling her Sigourney after an actress. And if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney...

...after Dave"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

RIP you legend.

Tribute now on BBC 1 for Roger Lloyd Pack aka Trigger.

Sorry Im late, its like the battle of the Somme going on in my colon right now.

Only Fools and Horses Sport Relief 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Thought that was actually pretty funny. Although they really need to leave it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Only Fools and Horses Sport Relief 2014.

The end was really good....a nod to a classic :D

"I organised the bouncy castle for his son, Brookside..."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Well written. Thought DJ's voice was a little wobbly at the start. Really showing his age, but he kind of warmed up. DB was surprisingly good.

Would prefer if they revisited Goodnight Sweetheart with NL if they're doing anything. There's a lot of potential in going back to that show at a time when his character would babe been a teenager with the older version of himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I actually think David Jason looks younger in that than he did in The Royal Bodyguard. He looked rough in The Royal Bodyguard.

I have to say Beckham was a lot better than I would have expected and I enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I have to say Beckham was a lot better than I would have expected and I enjoyed it.

Yeah I thought he'd be atrocious but he wasn't bad at all.

Advertisement