Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Aldi/Lidl 4 bird Roast

• 20-12-2013 11:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭ finix

Thinking of trying one instead of turkey. Anyone tried one ? I will have the the ham and veg, just want to replace the turkey. Maybe Goose ? Love all the rest except turkey:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭ Gmol

Got a 3 bird roast made one year, it was beautiful the first day but not great after. Going for ham and corn beef this year as sick of Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭ touts

Tried a lidl three bird roast last year (not Christmas just one Sunday). I did not like it. Meat seemed heavily processed (I would guess it was "formed") and the stuffing was AWFUL. If you really want something different go for a goose. Goose is like the brown meat on a turkey. But be aware that there is not as much meat on a goose as a turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭ Skill Magill

A disaster for me, it didn't slice at all well and went into a sort of 4 bird mix, wasn't well defined. It came with a glaze that was rotten. Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ Birdie086

I'll echo other posters here and advise you avoid, we had one in our house and it was a bit of a disaster. It didn't slice well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭ fryup

i would recommend pheasant, had lidl pheasant last week and it was lovely

2 of them should easily feed 4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭ finix

Might try a goose then, Thanks for replys all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,614 Toast4532

finix wrote: »
    Thinking of trying one instead of turkey. Anyone tried one ? I will have the the ham and veg, just want to replace the turkey. Maybe Goose ? Love all the rest except turkey:confused:
    Eeek. I got one of the four bird roasts in Aldi last week for Christmas day (only cooking for two so plenty in it). Am a bit concerned after reading the posts here, was it truly awful? Paid €13 for it :(

Might pick up a duck tomorrow as a back up just in case.

I was planning on taking the stuffing out of the four bird roast as I am making my own chestnut stuffing and was going to use that in it instead, am I mad? Should I cook a duck another day and stuff that with the chestnut stuffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭ touts

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Eeek. I got one of the four bird roasts in Aldi last week for Christmas day (only cooking for two so plenty in it). Am a bit concerned after reading the posts here, was it truly awful? Paid €13 for it :(

Might pick up a duck tomorrow as a back up just in case.

I was planning on taking the stuffing out of the four bird roast as I am making my own chestnut stuffing and was going to use that in it instead, am I mad? Should I cook a duck another day and stuff that with the chestnut stuffing?

Get the Duck for Christmas Day. Use the four bird one sometime it won't ruin the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭ Pang

Not keen on them at all. I would rather cook and eat the birds separately.

Advertisement