Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery of the missing buses

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

garv123 wrote: »
    Got the bust into town wednesday and the sign said 2 mins, 25 mins, and 45 mins, The 45 was the accurate one.. the sign never once changed.

Was that the one across from Brew Bros by any chance? That one was completely borked earlier this week, the bus times didn't change and it was perpetually 9.14am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

iguana wrote: »
    Was that the one across from Brew Bros by any chance? That one was completely borked earlier this week, the bus times didn't change and it was perpetually 9.14am.

Just down passed the hurlers heading to town?
    Thats the one I got anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

According to Bus Eireann web site there are no more buses going from Limerick to Killaloe. This service just stopped and according to Bus Eireann's dreadful web site will resume in June or July.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

The BE UL bus is suppose to have 1 every 15 minutes during peak hours unless that recently changed?

Most days I'm often waiting half an hour to a full hour before one shows and even then its so over packed that there's got to be some safety issues.

If it wasn't for the Euro Bus it'd really be a total joke getting out and back there again (though the Euro Bus is more timely it doesn't have enough extra capacity to deal with the full numbers of people stranded due to BE not showing up).

On a particular horrendous day I was waiting roughly 70 minutes for the BE bus before one finally turned up.

I'm not exactly sure but I suspect aside from external conditions that there's a driver factor involved. When you travel a route enough times you start to get to know some of the drivers. There's three drivers I know which always somehow managed to arrive at UL within 5 minutes of the expected time no matter whether its morning, afternoon or evening. Its a very stark (if not pleasant) contrast to the otherwise terrible service one has come to expect.

Add the mystery of multiple buses turning up together and it probably complicates the situation somewhat for later commuters. I can understand that maybe now and again that 2 buses may arrive together but 3??? (yes they were all the 304!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Villa05

Champ wrote: »
    Add the mystery of multiple buses turning up together and it probably complicates the situation somewhat for later commuters. I can understand that maybe now and again that 2 buses may arrive together but 3??? (yes they were all the 304!)

This practice could be planned, it usually happens around the euro bus scheduled time,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Well_Then

Sure sometimes they dont even run the late buses it seems! Was once waiting 50 minutes for a bus out to Castletroy. The two last buses were meant to have left within that time but they never arrived :(

Advertisement