Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Run Ireland 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Anyone else do this?
    My phone died but a friends running app put the course at just 3.6k.
    Was the app acting up or was the run (which was just an over priced bit of fun) not as advertised?
    I'm inclined to think the app was correct as that felt like the easiest 5k I've ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Definitely wasn't 5k. And I didn't like the 45 min wait at the start. Bloody baltic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Sounds like another rip-off-run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sebcity wrote: »
    Definitely wasn't 5k.!

Think kc won

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

We should've all entered and turned up in running singlets and shorts.

45 minute wait for a race run on 'closed' roads. Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Trampas

Must be up there for most expensive run per km

For €50 I might get 2 entries into the 50 miler in staplestown.

Trampas wrote: »

For €50 I might get 2 entries into the 50 miler in staplestown.
    2 and a half...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Check out their Facebook page for the comments from their "happy" customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I was in Ballsbridge last night, and saw a few of the entrants slipping away at 10pm or so.
    Definitely not stoner types.
    I'd love to know how many signed up. A few friends mentioned it a few weeks ago - we were doing the Irish Times Get Running prog, and this looked like a bit of craic but the price put me right off.
    By yesterday, I noticed that the official electric run twitter account was encouraging participants to bring along glow sticks.
    Please don't tell me that after paying e43, or whatever, runners were expected to buy their own party tat...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Diemos wrote: »
    put the course at just 3.6k.
    That's pretty long for a 5k these days. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

CL ran it with my youngest daughter and the two of them had great craic.... It wasn't a race but more of an event, there was no timing etc. If any serious runner signed up for this and expected a proper race then they are a knob head ;) Re: the wait for the start, there were staggered groups, if you arrived on time you got going quickly enough but the delay was due to the hordes of participants who were still arriving 40 minutes late.

It's not my cup of tea but if it gets kids out exercising then it can't be all bad and with regards to the price I'd rather see my daughter spend the money on this as opposed to a round of shots in Coppers ;) There were glow sticks in the pack and also a DJ afterwards so this really needs to be removed from a normal 5k race for any worthwhile comparison.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    CL ran it with my youngest daughter....I'd rather see my daughter spend the money on this as opposed to a round of shots in Coppers
    How old are u really......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I got a free place for this so headed in with a few friends. My garmin measured it at 3.3 km however, we were forced to stop a few times and walk due to the number of people stopping to take photos! (So my gamin auto paused)

Weird run. A lot of doubling back and running on tiny paths. As it was all contained within the rds, they struggled to make 5 k and failed clearly.

Bit of an experience, but glad I didn't pay for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

I woudl like the people to post their GPS data over the map, I am quiet sure some did not do all the course to be honest, I saw a lot of people turning back and missing one of the big loop.

As some people said it was more a party than a measure time trial running race, it was more for the big party doing light activities (walk, job).

Saw some smokers walking, people having great time and stopping getting a drink etc.... so not really our usual 5km. I thought was great craic !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Squeaker

Does anyone know who actually organised this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Squeaker

Not in the least. I wonder could aai possibly award a national 5k road championship to that event? It wouldn't be too surprising.

Advertisement