Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football Tool to calculate stats for any of your mini-league!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

FHFC wrote: »
    Quick question on this. The average team value stat refers to what? (a) total team value including bank or (b) total current value of players excluding bank.

Ran it on my main mini league and it gave 100m on Team Value Average and 1.1 bank average. Quite low especially if (a) above.

That would refer to (b), excluding bank. I have no reason to believe it is inaccurate but let me know if you suspect there might be a bug and I'll work on it.

If anyone has any suggested features for the extension please let me know here. I think it covers most of the important stats but maybe I'm missing something. If there are some good ideas, I will try to find the time to implement a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thanks set miner. Not questioning the figures at all, expected the figures to be low given the price rise situation this year. That's why I wanted to know what the figure was.

Its harder to gain value this year and easy to lose it if you are not on the ball. Unlike many I think it will still be quite an advantage this year, although the numbers will be smaller.

I'd imagine it would be unfeasibly complicated to extract people's resale values in the app?

Thanks set miner. Not questioning the figures at all, expected the figures to be low given the price rise situation this year. That's why I wanted to know what the figure was.

Its harder to gain value this year and easy to lose it if you are not on the ball. Unlike many I think it will still be quite an advantage this year, although the numbers will be smaller.

I'd imagine it would be unfeasibly complicated to extract people's resale values in the app?

What do you mean by resale values?

What do you mean by resale values?

See the Team Value thread. The value of people's team less the transfer 'tax' they lose if they sell their players. It's the true indicator of what you can buy with your team value. For example my team value is 102.1m but if i sold all my players it would only be 100.8m

My Differential FPL app give me a sell value figure for me, but not for other players, I'd expect if would be too hard to extract for an app like yours unless you can pull info from the Stats View page on people's transfers view.

• Advertisement

See the Team Value thread. The value of people's team less the transfer 'tax' they lose if they sell their players. It's the true indicator of what you can buy with your team value. For example my team value is 102.1m but if i sold all my players it would only be 100.8m

My Differential FPL app give me a sell value figure for me, but not for other players, I'd expect if would be too hard to extract for an app like yours unless you can pull info from the Stats View page on people's transfers view.

Ah, I know what you mean. It's certainly possible but it would require a fair bit of coding I think and probably would slow the current extenion down a considerable amount. Nonetheless I will consider it for future updates or perhaps for a new seperate FPL extension which I am considering making.

Ah, I know what you mean. It's certainly possible but it would require a fair bit of coding I think and probably would slow the current extenion down a considerable amount. Nonetheless I will consider it for future updates or perhaps for a new seperate FPL extension which I am considering making.

To be honest it's probably not worth the effort. While it's interesting to know if your resale team value is much ahead of the rest of your league, its probably something more relevant to an individual rival. And you can figure that out longhand if you really want to.

Have only got round to using the app this year today so will see if any more useful tweaks spring to mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If anyone has any suggested features for the extension please let me know here. I think it covers most of the important stats but maybe I'm missing something. If there are some good ideas, I will try to find the time to implement a couple.
    One thing I'd love to see is a lit of transfers by team for the gameweek. So for example.....
    Team A; Mata out; Di Maria In
    Team B; Debucy out; Chambers In
    etc

Wuld be easy to see at a glance on a SAturday midday who has done what to their teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I dont think it's possible to do this as the transfer price data(buy price and sell price) you would need to pull down is not listed on the event history page(it's on the transfer page) which I think is the page you are using to pull down all the data.
    One thing I'd love to see is a lit of transfers by team for the gameweek. So for example.....
    etc

Wuld be easy to see at a glance on a SAturday midday who has done what to their teams.
    Yea, that would be handy.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    etc

Differential FPL Android app gives you this for any player you have checked as a rival. Very very handy indeed. :)

323119.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yeah I love the way you can set everyone in your league as a rival on that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Differential FPL Android app gives you this for any player you have checked as a rival. Very very handy indeed. :)

323119.png
    Thats me!!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Thats me!!!!

Big brother is watching you Gus Fring......

I have all the FSA Premier League checked as rivals. :)

It normally gives this info as soon as the game has updated at 12.30. The reason the time is last Monday is that I had to reboot my phone last week so I only got around to re-checking yis all on Monday there.

Big brother is watching you Gus Fring......

I have all the FSA Premier League checked as rivals. :)

It normally gives this info as soon as the game has updated at 12.30. The reason the time is last Monday is that I had to reboot my phone last week so I only got around to re-checking yis all on Monday there.

That's cool, I have that app so must play around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

323119.png

Are those the transfers he made this week??? as in the ones you can't normally find out about until after the GW deadline on Saturday!?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I dont think it's possible to do this as the transfer price data(buy price and sell price) you would need to pull down is not listed on the event history page(it's on the transfer page) which I think is the page you are using to pull down all the data.

While it does involve pulling data from a different page it's not impossible. I could, in theory, get the list of players on a team and then get the sell value for each player on the FPL api pages like this http://fantasy.premierleague.com/web/api/elements/180/

But yeah, a lot of effort for one statistic.

Are those the transfers he made this week??? as in the ones you can't normally find out about until after the GW deadline on Saturday!?

No. That's what I was trying to explain above. Usually your rival's transfers come up on your news ticker when the game has updated just after the gw deadline. I had to reinstall the app last week so when I added the lads as rivals on Monday their transfers from last week updated then.

It also gives you all injury flags, price changes and fixture changes among other things to that ticker.

When you get up in the morning all price changes are there as notifications. Great app.

BTW, I did put up a very lengthy post preseason on how to find out those transfers mind you. strictly for the obsessive stalker types though. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BTW, I did put up a very lengthy post preseason on how to find out those transfers mind you. strictly for the obsessive stalker types though. ;)

The bunny boiler type of obsessive.

F1ngers wrote: »
    The bunny boiler type of obsessive.

Anseo.

• Advertisement

While it does involve pulling data from a different page it's not impossible. I could, in theory, get the list of players on a team and then get the sell value for each player on the FPL api pages like this http://fantasy.premierleague.com/web/api/elements/180/

But yeah, a lot of effort for one statistic.

The problem is the sell value will be a variable and not fixed. It depends on the price the player was purchased. For example if I buy a player at 5 and he goes up to 7 then the sell value is 6. You might buy the same player when he was 6 and sell at 7 so your sell value is 6.5 for the same player. I might be wrong but I think that data is hidden.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    The problem is the sell value will be a variable and not fixed. It depends on the price the player was purchased. For example if I buy a player at 5 and he goes up to 7 then the sell value is 6. You might buy the same player when he was 6 and sell at 7 so your sell value is 6.5 for the same player. I might be wrong but I think that data is hidden.

Ah, I understand now. That is more complicated alright. I think the only way to get it would be to go into history of transfers and find the price a player was bought at. Definitely a lot more work for what is arguably not among the most important statistics. Interesting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭G1032

Can you please post the link for this............:)

G1032 wrote: »
    Can you please post the link for this............:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91325590

Advertisement