Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girlfriend refused entry to Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Hiya Guys, I happen to be the scamming girlfriend

I don't think the full story is here that certain assumptions are being made, and of course it's natural for those to occur when the entire story isn't given. So I will answer some questions.

I was just a tourist, and had proof (email itinerary) that I would be returning to the US on January 6th.
    I have no criminal history and intend on never having any criminal history.
    I completely understand that it was possible that we would not like each other and i could have been left destitute, But when I asked if I could just have 20 mins to contact friends and family for the money, I was denied.( I could have easily gotten more money if I had asked)

Where are you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aggiegirl3628

I'm back at my university housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Temporarily Closed by me as I need to review some postings above.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

This thread will remained closed. I've deleted two posts and infracted one poster.
    P.S. I would also appreciate if anyone could tell me what our options going forward would be? By that I mean, if she would be able to visit Ireland in the future or if this deportation would always be hanging over her head.

P.P.S. I know people will be critical of the fact it's an online relationship so please try not to just reply along the lines that it's not a real relationship or anything, as you can imagine I am in an emotional state over this.

@alrightiwill, Firstly, Welcome to Boards.ie!

Secondly & more importantly, it would be against the ethos of our Travel forum to not provide honest & helpful advice, which I believe was posted above by varying people!

Hiya Guys, I happen to be the scamming girlfriend

I don't think the full story is here that certain assumptions are being made, and of course it's natural for those to occur when the entire story isn't given. So I will answer some questions...

I am willing to answer anymore questions and even give a full detailed story of my experience. We are not asking for compensation, I'm asking for fairness, because I don't believe it was so.

@aggiegirl3628, Welcome to you also to Boards.ie!
    Don't think it fair to refer to yourself as a scamming girlfriend, if that's not what you are. Always, always be up-front and honest, clear and precise with any details in any legal matters.

A decision was made today on an issue that is outside of the hands of any one of us so giving a full detailed story online here for fellow posters & viewers won't assist you with the decision that was made.

I think you both need to seek legal advice now on this matter if you wish to seek full clarity and possible justice. That legal advice is not permitted on Boards.ie!

This could have been one lovely start to a future life together for you both, but has been postponed for another day and time.

Wish you both well in your future & ask that you don't jeopardise any future legal situation by posting further on this online.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

/You both should feel free to pm me should you wish or feel the need to. Won't be any bother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement