Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Bluetooth Soundbar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Did you connect the TV to the HIFI and there was sound or did you connect the soundbar to the hifi and there was sound?

I'm probably being stupid here but are the holes you are connecting to the TV with input only? As in Red,white and a yellow one not used? My TV says AV IN for those. Did you get a lead that plugs into the earphone socket? Or does your TV have an Audio only jack?

Don't bite my head off if I am being stupid!

I'd say your correct, I'm pretty sure mine is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Did you connect the TV to the HIFI and there was sound or did you connect the soundbar to the hifi and there was sound?
    I'm probably being stupid here but are the holes you are connecting to the TV with input only? As in Red,white and a yellow one not used? My TV says AV IN for those. Did you get a lead that plugs into the earphone socket? Or does your TV have an Audio only jack?
    Don't bite my head off if I am being stupid!

First of all, i wouldnt bite the hand that feeds me, that's one thing you learn on here,:P

I connected the TV to the soundbar only, but got no sound.

I have AV IN on the side of the tv, but i think that could be i assume for a video or camera etc.
    That's why i tried it out as it only says R - Audio - L, but is probably more IN than OUT as its got Component IN beside it also.

I did get a lead for the earphone socket, but i think its for a mp3 player as it hasnt got enough sound coming out, compared to the next thing i tried out below:

But i did see Digital Audio Out (Optical) beside it, so i tried that out as i had a spare optical cable about somewhere as there was a socket on the soundbar & BOOM! great sound out of it !

So now both the TV & Satellite are connected to the soundbar, but is there a way of having the hifi connected as well?

In Dealz y'day i saw a cable that can connect both RCA Cables into one, in what i assume into a different speaker, but is there an adaptor of some sort to have the hifi connected? as i'm only guessing as i wouldnt like to have the hifi just sitting there?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VdoubleU66

just purchased one. Used a headphone lead from line in on soundbar to headphone socket on TV. These can be purchased in any good discount store or use the one provided. I had one connected to TV previously.Set to movie for best audio and your bass and treble to your preferred taste. Nice rich sound for 40 watts. No complaints for the price. You can pay up to €239 for bigger brands. Still a few left in Clonmel branch. And a few soundbases. Has anyone had any experiences with these. They seem to have subwoofer connectivity...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

But i did see Digital Audio Out (Optical) beside it, so i tried that out as i had a spare optical cable about somewhere as there was a socket on the soundbar & BOOM! great sound out of it !

...is there a way of having the hifi connected as well?

i bought an "optical splitter" from one of those Chinese online shops - it works well - you will need one optical splitter and three optical cables in total. This is the best solution.
    This one -> link

If you want to use lower quality sound RCA (R - W cables)
    You have to think about what is input and output - one output(TV) to two inputs(Soundabr and hifi) is ok.
    you dont really want to be connecting the output of one device(eg.TV out) to the output of another device(hifi output) as well as the soundbar input- kinda bad to connect two outputs together. It may however work but maplin etc sell an overpriced switchbox that you press a button to select what device you want active if this is what you want do.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thanks for the tips, at the moment i used the headphone lead from line in on soundbar to headphone socket on hifi, as i can hear the radio from hifi when pressing on Line on soundbar remote,
    & sound is also better when pressing on Movie when watching TV also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement