Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Santa bringing you gamers this year ? :D

Options
  • 13-12-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Lighthearted thread seeing as it's the silly season..
    What's Santa bringing you all ?

Just in the process here of finishing my New Master Race PC but am tempted to pick up a Wii U now that they've dropped to a reasonable price (If only to see what ZombieU is like.

Picked up Metro Last Light too to play over Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Santa (aka my wife) is brining me Pokémon X, so I'll spending Crimbo being dreadfully anti social!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Master Race PC .
    Is there any other kind of PC? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'll just splurge on the inevitable steam sale all through Christmas and probably end up resubbing to wow after a year off, out of boredom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Zelda 3DS XL with the new Zelda game. I originally had a PS4, but I don't have the time to sit down and play games of that kind right now, so light bursts of Zelda (and the free Super Mario Land 3D) will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hopefully New Super Mario 3D World for Wii U or Zelda Link Between Worlds on 3DS, depending on how much of me my wife wants to see over christmas :)

Still haven't played a single game from last year's steam sales, I'm uninstalling the App from my phone and staying off the website this year.

Incidentally, ZombiU is great fun, if a little stressful, and Pokemon X will swallow your soul once you see how accessible (and yet time consuming) IV training is this gen...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I posted this in another forum, but it works here too! Here's the Xmas haul, for my son, I swear! :o

20i8a9z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Treated myself to an arcade cabinet :o
    z2sd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Never really touched the wii upstairs so planning on getting some light platforming - super mario galaxy and donkey kong/ rayman origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sort of have all games I wanted so far. More then I can play anyway. I will try to get some lego for myself as Xmas present. Nothing beats building with bricks something on Xmas day :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I have too many games to play but I might treat myself to the new Zelda to play over the christmas break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

A PS3 and The Last of Us, if my wife has copped on to my not so subtle hints. I left notes in various places with TLOU and PS3 written on them. Hopefully I won't end up with TULIPS or a PISTOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Myrddin wrote: »
    I posted this in another forum, but it works here too! Here's the Xmas haul, for my son, I swear! :o

20i8a9z.jpg
    :eek: Lucky little.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Got The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 which I'll wait til Xmas to get stuck into. Other than that will probably pick something up in the next Steam sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Pikmin 1 & 2 (cause I LOVE Pikmin 3 right now), Mario Galaxy 2, and maybe get ALBW if I'm very good.

Better than a kick in the gee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bought The Witcher 2, Fallout New Vegas and Sleeping Dogs in the last week for €31 so them along with Assassins Creed IV & Prof Layton and the Arzan Legacy.
    Might get Zelda too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Football Boots ! I have been told I have too many games. I say that's crazy talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

20i8a9z.jpg

You sir have a problem.

Mainly that you mod the XBox forum and post up that picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nesf wrote: »
    You sir have a problem.

No disputing that, I love collecting systems & games :D
    Mainly that you mod the XBox forum and post up that picture...

Sshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Santa is bringing me NOTHING this year.
    Again.

I guess it's okay since I don't believe in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

A new monitor for my PC. My current one is really old and I don't always use it. I have been using steam in big picture mode with my TV, but its time I got a proper monitor.

• Advertisement

Getting a PS4 though as of yet I'm not sure if it's bundled with a game or not. Going to be a quiet Christmas with a lot of gaming with my younger brothers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I may pick up Assassins Creed 4, but between Battlefield 4, XCom: Enemy Within and a fking mental Steam Library, I don't think I need anything really except to get stuck in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No disputing that, I love collecting systems & games :D

For your son, remember? I'm sure he'll appreciate all those fun boxes, while you safely protect him from the potentially dangerous objects within.

The Santa list i sent off included 3D World, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Puppeteer and the new Layton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

sarumite wrote: »
    A new monitor for my PC. My current one is really old and I don't always use it. I have been using steam in big picture mode with my TV, but its time I got a proper monitor.

Consider the PS3 TV , only 1080p but 3D and 24inch.
    If you can find one in Smyths they are only 150 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

It's unlikely GTA 5 is coming out on PC before the 25th so, nothin! :'(
    I'll be playing a bit more Arkham Origins and Planetary Annihilation beta I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

erkifino wrote: »
    Is there any other kind of PC? :pac:

Dell ;)

Not much I wan't myself really, will pickup TWD Season 2 and wouldn;t object if the new batman appeared in my christmas stocking. Apart from that the mission is to steal the brothers PS3 and copy of The Last of Us for and lock myself into a room for a few days over the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

20i8a9z.jpg

Will you be my dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Some time to play something from my back catalogue would nice. Please Santa. I've been nice enoughish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Santa (aka my wife) is brining me Pokémon X, so I'll spending Crimbo being dreadfully anti social!

Is there any other way to spend the day after new games are unwrapped :confused:

Dunno if anything game related will be waiting under ze tree for me, know my sister has my Amazon wishlist that has a few titles on it but have treated myself to a lot the past month (WiiU + WWHD, half dozen Wii titles, AC4, Starbound, Enemy Within).

Now to echo several people here and wish Santy for more time off to actually try play some of this mountain of a backlog :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

20i8a9z.jpg

I notice you bought Zelda: A link between worlds seperately as well as the DLC code in the 3DS XL bundle.

Advertisement