Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDLS waiting times - Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

The Road Safety Authority was tasked by the Government to manage the processing and production of driving licences in Ireland.

Get in touch and express your dissatisfaction

info@nra.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

6 weeks in total - not bad I suppose considering the christmas break but still a pitiful delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I applied for mine in early December. Got a letter yesterday saying I had not provided proof of address and please send a bill etc on. Surely to goodness if I hadn't provided proof of address, then the person working in the office who took my application would have pointed this out and rejected my app?! Either somebody can't read or the copy of my proof of address got lost along the way somewhere.
    This kind of crap makes me embarassed to work in the public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Leo Varadkar said this morning on the radio that if you apply today it will only take 8 days, great that's all sorted now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Leo Varadkar said this morning on the radio that if you apply today it will only take 8 days, great that's all sorted now :rolleyes:

He must have got my email giving out :) haaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tigerdogg

My application was filed on Nov. 4. Before Christmas I called them and they told me that it is already shipped and got the license tomorrow or the next day. For the new year, nothing came. I called in early January and they said that they lost my learner permit. I had to fill out form  again, stamp it on garda station and send it to them at my own expense. Registered letter € 5 I still do not have a card ....

It's not even a joke now .....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I applied for my licence on 24th December in Limerick. I had lost my previous one, which had just expired. My new klicence was posted to me on 3rd January.
    I thought the queuing system in the office was a shambles, they lift some middle aged bing skip the queue when she kicked up a fuss. At that stage I had been waiting over 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Mine arrived today 6 weeks to the dot including Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Took nephew in to Letterkenny to apply today, so we'll see how long it takes before he gets his. Don't know what the offices around the rest of the country are like but the one we were in is a joke, not nearly enough space for the number of people using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rorireland

To put it mildly I am screwed due to the hold up!

Renewed my L permit at the beginning of January(Dublin) and was told 6 weeks!
    I recently had an interview for a job in Dubai and got it but need to drive over there. They wont give it to me without the license.

so.....6 weeks and I cant even get lessons, then a 8 week wait for the actual test(Tallaght), then a further god knows how many for the actual full license to arrive at the door !!!

Safe to say they're not going to wait around.

Disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm a fully qualified driver since 2011 and I don't think I'd be capable of driving in Dubai!

I've seen the Sheikh Zayed Road first hand! YIKES! Good luck!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Anyone queued in Limerick recently? Was wondering about how long you have to queue up in the office. Are Saturday's busier than week days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes, wifes brother was there for hours yesterday and still didnt get license. They stopped processing at 445 and told people to come back another day.
    Sounds like crap service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DonnaB14

AKW wrote: »
    I was in there this morning and a big poster states clearly '8 days'. When the girl told me 4-6 weeks I was stunned. The whole operation ran smoothly, in, forms filled, checked, up to counter, picture, pay, done.

As I was leaving an elderly man was querying why after 6 weeks he's still waiting and now can't get his car NCT'd as he doesn't have his licence (didn't know this was important for NCT)

But anyway, seems a bit long to be dealing with ongoing renewals.

If they've got a poster up stating that it will be processed within '8 days' and you allow an extra couple of days leeway (for post and such) and still have not received the licence within, say, 14 days or more, isn't this some sort of false advertising or a violation under consumer law? Threaten them with legal action, that might light a fire under 'em.

I'll be applying for my full licence next week (just passed test this week) and if there's any seriously lengthy delay, I'll be considering legal action and a strongly worded letter to both the RSA and Leo Varadkar.

When renewing my L permit last year, I did so through the Motor Tax office, and received new credit card format licence within 10 days. They appear to have completely ballsed up the whole process. While I agree that there were sometimes a bit of a wait while actually IN the motor tax office, issuing of licences was usually quite quick.

Advertisement