Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Junior Cycle English

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

How do you sign up? Is it just through the relevant education centre?

I'm no-where near any of the education centres for programme 2, I hope there will be more announced.

If you are working your school should sign you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭amacca

chases0102 wrote: »
    What's even more ridiculous,having contacted the education centre, is that the Inservice I wished to sign up for is full.

So no possibility of attending an Inservice to help us deliver this new curriculum...farcical.

And whats even more ridiculous is that so many people are willing to give up their free time for it…don't they have lives, responsibilities, the need for some free/family time etc etc

imo people should wake up and stop being so givish with their valuable time, there won't be any thanks for martyrs and giving it away puts pressure on people that really can't afford the time and eventually leads to it becoming accepted……some backbones need to be stiffened up…...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭acequion

amacca wrote: »
    And whats even more ridiculous is that so many people are willing to give up their free time for it…don't they have lives, responsibilities, the need for some free/family time etc etc

imo people should wake up and stop being so givish with their valuable time, there won't be any thanks for martyrs and giving it away puts pressure on people that really can't afford the time and eventually leads to it becoming accepted……some backbones need to be stiffened up…...

Agree one hundred percent with every word of this,was going to write something very similar myself.

Ruari Quinn didn't even have the decency to consult teachers about this radical change that he was planning so why are you all breaking into a sweat about it?
    If the DES can't even provide proper training during working time,then we won't be able to implement it properly, so tough! We can't do the impossible and there really are no kudos for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

If this was training that would shed more light on the course we'll be teaching in Sept, I would have grudgingly considered going to these workshops. However, they're supplementary workshops on methodologies for sections of the course - film and drama.

They haven't given us a detailed outline of the structure and/or assessment of the course yet. They're now offering extras, when the basics haven't been covered. It's nuts, cart before the horse stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭acequion

If this was training that would shed more light on the course we'll be teaching in Sept, I would have grudgingly considered going to these workshops. However, they're supplementary workshops on methodologies for sections of the course - film and drama.

They haven't given us a detailed outline of the structure and/or assessment of the course yet. They're now offering extras, when the basics haven't been covered. It's nuts, cart before the horse stuff!

Yes it is total nuts. That's why there's no point in worrying about it.We are all thoroughly familiar with the present syllabus and are doing a professional and competent job teaching it in extremely difficult times. But that's now considered outdated, so out goes baby and bathwater,to be replaced by ---- what exactly??

So all anyone can do is what they can,that's the long and the short of it. And sorry but anyone going off to some extra course in their free time really wants their head examined!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think Asti are still accepting submissions for a petition and all that

Advertisement