Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Inbetweeners Movie 2

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I enjoyed the first one for what it was, not a patch on season 1 or 2 but had its moments. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed they're sending them off on holiday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I enjoyed the first one for what it was, not a patch on season 1 or 2 but had its moments. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed they're sending them off on holiday again.

I just hope Greg Davies in this one more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looking forward to this, even if its just on par with the last film, and doesn't reach the heights of seasons 1 & 2, I think it will still be worth a watch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mickeroo wrote: »

I think the rumour is they're heading to Australia for a wedding! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Brilliant build up and a right little teaser of a trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,814 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus.. recycling a well-worn and obvious joke (we all knew what was coming with the car headlights) for a teaser.. this does not bode well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Basq wrote: »
    Jaysus.. recycling a well-worn and obvious joke (we all knew what was coming with the car headlights) for a teaser.. this does not bode well!
    Yeah, it's grand saying that when you know it's a trailer for The Inbetweeners, think about those who see it in the cinema for the first time, not having a clue. It'd be awesome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Sounds like a cash in. First one was pretty useless and didn't work as a film at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

New trailer has been released. I think it's ok, not too many laughs, however on The Inbetweeners Facebook page they said they've tried to keep the best laughs out of the trailer so cinema-goers will be surprised when they go to see it, which is admirable if true.

I enjoyed the first one and would like to see the characters again so looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I hope it explains what happened to the women they ended up with in the first movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mobile Virgin Conversion Unit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

As much as I love the show and thought the first film was watchable, not really impressed by the latest trailer! As someone said earlier, I hope they are saving the best bits for the movie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

however on The Inbetweeners Facebook page they said they've tried to keep the best laughs out of the trailer so cinema-goers will be surprised when they go to see it, which is admirable if true.

I don't believe that for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

This is out next week & so far there's been almost no PR & no reshowing of the series or tv screening of the original... not feeling hopeful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

OU812 wrote: »
    This is out next week & so far there's been almost no PR & no reshowing of the series or tv screening of the original... not feeling hopeful :(

They are playing the same teaser trailer in Cineworld even though the full trailer has been out for a month and a half. It doesn't sound good when you don't hear anything as you said from the cast or any other kind of P.R. It doesn't seem they are making a bigger event out of this as they should maybe cause it's a big turd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I liked the first two seasons quite a bit but have no interest in this at all.

Someone elsewhere mentioned this idea of them basing the film around a bunch of friends from secondary school who are back at home after finishing college and are awkwardly trying to revive their friendships and all from back home with varying results. I thought that sounded like something with a heap of potential, like the episode of Girls where Hannah is back at her parents or something. Don't expect this to try anything interesting here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I saw this today, thought it was pretty good. More giggle than laugh out loud, but pretty good. Feel like the kinda surprise reveal with wills mum at the end was a bit un-needed, and some of the stuff in it was over the top, but solid over all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i preferred this to the original film. some very funny bits throughout but the ending felt very very rushed

Had written this off.. but most reviewers this morning seem to think it was far superior to the movie.

Might go see it later..

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

Very disappointed with this movie.Have watched all the inbetweeners series over and over again and still find hilarious and really enjoyed the first movie, but this was ****.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is crude, stupid and repetitive, but **** me it's hard not to laugh given how beautifully staged some of the setpieces are. Pretty much all but one major laugh (a campfire singalong) have a punchline that involves a bodily fluid or part of some description, but some of them are very funny indeed. Toilet humour is one of the lowest forms of comedy, but one or two scenes here couldn't care less and give it all they've got. The
    slide
    scene is just about as good a
    **** joke
    as you could expect.

It's a better 'film' than the first. Visually it's much more robust, and jokes are also allowed to play out more leisurely - including one delightful static shot that plays out just long enough.

It's all over the place, and the third act like the first film is a mess. It also take a while to properly warm up, and the 'bants' miss as often as they hit. But you know what you're letting yourself in for: it's an Inbetweeners Movie. It's a much better effort than the first, and while that doesn't promote it into the realms of cinematic comedy gold by any stretch, it's more than sufficient for a handful of belly laughs and plenty of chuckles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I've only seen a couple of episodes before but really enjoyed this. It's certainly no cinematic masterpiece, but there were plenty of suitably and expectedly low-brow laughs which is the main thing. I'm told by my companion that it was better than the first which on the strength of this, I'm going to have to check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Be interesting to see if they can squeeze another movie out of this franchise before the lads look too old to be teenagers. They're already approaching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

They will just move on to be students and then they will have young families

Thought this sequel was a horrendous idea as while I was a fan of the first 2 seasons of the series (third was very patchy), the movie just did not work at all.. felt very lazy and just a cash in.

But in saying that, this was far better than it should have been to be honest. The cast eased into their roles again effortlessly and while the first 15 - 20 minutes were a bit predictable, it definitely improved as it went on.. and found scenes like
    Neil shuffling off towards the mirage
    just very witty. Definitely felt the writing was stronger here than the first movie.

It's not high brow.. it's crude, gross-out comedy that excels in finding new terms for a penis or vagina.. but both judging by myself and the audience in the cinema this evening, it definitely has it's laughs.

It'll do well at the box office no mistakes.. it's not gain the show get any new fans, but it certainly went some way in making up for the horrendous first movie.

There's far better comedies out this year.. and far better movies out this week (*cough* "Guardians Of The Galaxy" *cough*).. but hey, I quite enjoyed it!

While they've discussed killing the characters off after this movie, presumably the box office will determine if there's life in the old dog yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

While it was never going to be a classic it had the packed audience in stitches a few times. Much better than the first movie lots of laughs, good entertainment. Leaving the theatre i felt i couldn't ask for more from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I wasn't a fan of the shows, went to see the first movie and didnt find it funny at all. Was practically dragged to this last night (the que for tickets was down the stairs, there was about 70 people in front of us) and have to say it was hilarious. Some very funny moments in it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

cloud493 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if they can squeeze another movie out of this franchise before the lads look too old to be teenagers. They're already approaching it.

Blake Harrison's said that this is to be the end but I'm pretty sure that we've heard that before.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sharktopus

saw it last night, again went with very low expectations (its the sequel of a TV adaptation) . Its crude as hell, but I found it genuinely funny, and far more rounded than the first movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The scene with jay in the bunkbed watching will was hilarious

Advertisement