Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Denfence Info

Options
  • 09-12-2013 8:43pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 27

Hi all just looking for some information on joining the civil defence and what it entails. I am 15 y.o. and am hoping to join the cork city cd when I reach 16. I am very interested in learning skills across all the cd's units but mainly the rescue. I would greatly appreciate any info or advice on things I could do to prepare.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 27 benVSS

I recently found out that Cork City CD also has a River, Lake and Coastal Search and Recovery Unit. If anyone has info on that aswell that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

http://www.corkcityfirebrigade.ie/civildefence/contactus/
    Recruitment Information

Cork City Civil Defence are currently not recruiting. Next recruitment process to commemce in February 2014.

Civil Defence training for new members takes place over a 20 week period during which time each person undertakes basic training in all aspects of Civil Defence.

Upon completion, each person will receive a certificate and can decide which service they have a personal preference. The choices are:

Rescue,
    Fire-fighting
    First Aid.

Courses are given on each of these aspects of Civil Defence. When a course of interest is available all members can apply to participate.

If you are interested in joining Civil Defence, please forward your name and address to:

Civil Defence HQ,
    North Ring Road,

Ballyvolane, Cork.

We will forward an ‘Application for Enrolment’ form and Information pack to you.

Advertisement