Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody won with car thieves?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Nowadays Id be camped out on their front desk until they got it sorted for me, but unfortunely I was a bit more naive in my younger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

djimi wrote: »
    I had a similar experience when I came back to a car park to find my car damaged. CCTV pointing right at the car, owners wouldnt show me tape, Gardai couldnt be bothered getting up off their arse to go and view the tape for me. I know it might have only been a minor issue to them, but it cost me a lot of money to put right, and to be honest I lost a lot of respect for my local Gardai that time.

You are entitled to a copy of any images taken of you (note: not your car) under the Data Protection Act and the most they can charge is €6.35. Request the footage between when you parked the car (and your image was taken) and the time you left and they might give you everything in between just to avoid hassle.

http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?m=&fn=/documents/FAQ2012/CCTVFAQ.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

Have had 2 incidents. One involved my first car (ford fiesta) being stolen while I was playing a football match. Said car was never seen again.

Second happened about 4 years ago on the morning of St Stephens day. Hungover ta fcuk, I wandered down stairs at about 7.30 in the morning to grab a glass of water only to catch a glimpse of some movement in the front garden as I walked down the stairs. Looked out the window to find 2 little runts rooting through the boot of the car.

I promptly grab the pole end of the hoover (metal) and ran out in my boxers. They were only about 17 or so, but one of them still got an almighty clatter across the back of legs. They had in fact broken into about 6 cars that morning, and dropped a big bag of tools belonging to a lad down the road as I chased them. They were caught by the guards only a few minutes later, someone else had seen them an reported it. Had 2 boxes of beer in the boot, so at least I managed to save the booze :pac:

Absolute pain though, the broke the side window. Trying to find somewhere to get fixed over xmas was a nightmare.

Advertisement