Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Releases To Look Forward To In 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Opeth have released details of their upcoming album:
    Swedish progressive metal band Opeth have announced the title of their 11th studio album as Pale Communion and that it will be released on June 17th via Roadrunner Records. The followup to 2011′s Heritage, Pale Communion was produced by vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Mikael Åkerfeldt and mixed by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree). The lead single will be “Cusp Of Eternity”, which will be available as an immediate download upon pre-order (opening May 6th).

In a recent interview with Noisey, Åkerfeldt stated, “I wanted to do something more melodic with this album… there’s stronger vocal melodies and more melodies overall… I was pretty consistent with that frame of mind throughout the writing process.”

Tracklist:
    1. Eternal Rains Will Come
    2. Cusp of Eternity
    3. Moon Above, Sun Below
    4. Elysian Woes
    5. Goblin
    6. River
    7. Voice of Treason
    8. Faith in Others

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

New Opeth album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Linkin Park have named their new album "The Hunting Party". They are billing it as a prequel to Hybrid Theory, bringing back more guitar driven sound (I'll believe that when I hear it). Guest spots on the album from Paige Hamelton from Helmet and Daron Malakian from System Of a Down. Coming out June 17th (US)

Mastodon's new album was named "Once More Round the Sun" coming sometime in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Linkin Park have named their new album "The Hunting Party". They are billing it as a prequel to Hybrid Theory, bringing back more guitar driven sound (I'll believe that when I hear it). Guest spots on the album from Paige Hamelton from Helmet and Daron Malakian from System Of a Down. Coming out June 17th (US)

Mastodon's new album was named "Once More Round the Sun" coming sometime in the summer.

Their last album (before it was released) was also billed as a return to Hybrid Theory in terms of sound so what they regard as being guitar driven nowadays may be very different to what everyone else would regard as being guitar driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Kess73 wrote: »
    Their last album (before it was released) was also billed as a return to Hybrid Theory in terms of sound so what they regard as being guitar driven nowadays may be very different to what everyone else would regard as being guitar driven.

First track from this album, already an improvement on living things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

New crowdfunded album 'A War of our Own' by Stream of Passion came out yesterday, criminally underrated band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Septic Flesh -Titan

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Joe Bonamassa has a new one out in September, the title track is good.

Advertisement