Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small agri biz startup

Options
  • 02-12-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is there any org that deals with small agri start ups on small holdings. Like organic crops, crafts, chickens etc. I have only done a google search and it seems orgs like bord bia, teagasc etc deal only with very large businesses. Before I start contacting those just wondering is there a specific body for this type of startup, or the best one especialy if ye have gone through the process. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Your local Leader Co. or Rural Development Co. Route around in googleyland and I'm sure you can find some leads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Your local Leader Co. or Rural Development Co. Route around in googleyland and I'm sure you can find some leads.
    I think the leader money is spun out at this stage... anyway the venture would need to be non mainstream farming for leader to fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

thanks lads... i was talking to a few teagasc folk, very helpful but into the bigger stuff really. Ill try the rural dev.

Advertisement