Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to buy Real Christmas Trees

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Do you know the prices for them?

Didn't price them this year but in the past they've been very dear €75-90 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I would be looking for something smaller, probably 5ft around the city centre. I will ask around but if anyone sees one please notify me.

They've all sizes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Are Wades Christmas tree farm open this year in Rolestown?
    Probably a bit late now for there. I brought my folks up there around this time last year and there was feck all left
    Beardyman wrote: »
    Is there anywhere selling trees near Dublin city centre??

Thanks
    Super Valu in Killester will deliver it for you.

We've been going to the lad on Pinnock Hill for years. Constantly good trees, in and around €40-50

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Coillte Christmas Tree Depot
    The price list is as follows: 5-6 ft. trees are €40; 6 - 7 ft. trees are €45; 7 - 8 ft. trees are €50; pine trees are €30; and a small stand is €35.

Locations:
    Millers Hall, Western Distributor Road, Claybaun (Behind Monkey Business). Opening times: Nov 30th - Dec 22nd, Mon - Fri: 11am – 7pm & Sat - Sun: 10am – 6pm.

Galway Park and Ride Facility (behind Galway Race Course), Ballybrit. Opening times: Nov 30th - Dec 22nd, Mon - Fri: 11am – 7pm & Sat - Sun: 10am – 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

I'm looking for christmas tree farms in Co. Wicklow (Enniskerry, Avoca, Rathdrum etc.). Which is the best in Your opinion?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Do you know the prices for them?

Hey sorry only seeing your post now. Didn't get a chance to price them.

For anyone still looking in town, I saw a few for sale at one of the fruit and vegetables distributors along Abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Guys how long will the tree last without water? we just have a screw in stand for the tree and no water base. We've had it a week now (Ikea) will it last past 25 Dec? It's our first real tree and we didn't realise we had to water it.
    Thanks,
    E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Guys how long will the tree last without water? we just have a screw in stand for the tree and no water base. We've had it a week now (Ikea) will it last past 25 Dec? It's our first real tree and we didn't realise we had to water it.
    Thanks,
    E.

We've never had a tree in water, and we always get the first Saturday in December till the first or second Saturday in January out of ours.

Might want to turn off the radiator if its directly beside your tree.

Welcome to the wonderful world of real trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Gokei wrote: »
    We've never had a tree in water, and we always get the first Saturday in December till the first or second Saturday in January out of ours.

Might want to turn off the radiator if its directly beside your tree.

Welcome to the wonderful world of real trees!

Thank you so much!! I've been panicing. We've had ours since Sun 8 December and finally finished dressing it yesterday with the lights going on. Our parental families had artificial trees so this is a real first for us. We've had a very lovely white fibre optic since we've been together but this year we went "real". The kids love it. No real smell of pine though unless you stick your nose into it. Still, enjoying it very much.

Advertisement