Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 29-11-2013 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi, just looking into this 48 E20 offer. how does it work? I buy the E20 and then do i have to buy a "membership" or something? is the money taken straight away or left in your phone to spend? I know it's on the O2 network. All comments appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

I've been with 48 for approx 3 months now and it suits me. I own my phone outright and I didn't want a 12 month contract. I also wanted the internet/data more than I wanted lots of voice/texts so I started on the €20 plan. I downgraded to the €10 after the first month because I didn't use as much internet as I thought I would.

To my mind, it's a great deal if you own your own phone.

You pay €10/€20 a month and that's it (unless you exceed your limits). I think you have to pay extra if you send MMS or you want to go up to Northern Ireland/abroad. I pay the €10/€20 by Visa debit (Laser) when I need to but I have an extra €2 or €3 lodged with them 'just in case'.

You have to be a certain age to join them but they don't check. Everything is done online so I don't think you can phone a call centre if there's a problem.

The good thing is that if you don't like them, you just stop paying them. Of course, you'll have to join somewhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Thanks for all the info mate, just on the top up, when you top up is your E20 gone straight away or yours to use?

Also when it says all call and all texts to any network, what does that mean? Free all the way for the E20 or is there allocated mins and texts?

Thanks

I suppose the €20 is your membership fee. It's taken straight away. For that, you get what's here - http://www.48months.ie/deal.

AFAIK, all calls and all texts to mobile means just that. There's probably a 'fair use' clause somewhere. The only extra charges as far as I can see is (a) sending MMS (b) calling premium rate numbers and (c) roaming. - http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

48 have a forum - you could sign up for that before you buy and ask there. They'd know more than I do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

do most phones work on 48 for the internet as im nearly finished my three contract,had a samsung galaxy s2 but smashed it by accident.was looking round for a budget phone and was thinking of getting the vodafone smart mini for 40 euro and then getting it unlocked but wonderin would it work on that network.i had a few o2 phones in my time and couldnt get internet working on three network so wouldnt like to waste my time buyin phone and then realising its no good to me for 48.

• Advertisement

Dubwat wrote: »

Great link man, cheers for that, great info. just have to find out now if i add an extra few quid when topping up for premium numbers does it stay there for months on end until i use it up, or do i have to add the extra credit every month.

do most phones work on 48 for the internet as im nearly finished my three contract,had a samsung galaxy s2 but smashed it by accident.was looking round for a budget phone and was thinking of getting the vodafone smart mini for 40 euro and then getting it unlocked but wonderin would it work on that network.i had a few o2 phones in my time and couldnt get internet working on three network so wouldnt like to waste my time buyin phone and then realising its no good to me for 48.

Think you should be ok with whatever phone. i think theres something alright with the 3 sim and certain phones that dont work properly, but that's the only network I've heard of having that problem

Advertisement