Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antibiotics.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

So what am I saying here

Antibiotics are over used.

It's a pity that pharmacies are now in many cases just High Street outlets for the promotion of sales at all costs.

Find yourself an independent pharmacist if you can who will give you honest and independent advice rather than and someone who is behind the counter because just a short few years ago pharmacy as a subject called for the highest number of points in the Leaving Cert to get a place in college to study the subject.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

From my initial observations here in the Canary Islands there does not seem to be pharmacy chains like Booths etc. which in the long run turns into a monopoly at the expense of quality and good customer care!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

What on earth are you talking about? The consultation you had with the Spanish pharmacist was suspect, it has nothing to do with anything here in Ireland. This has nothing to do with chains or customer service. Unless you think good customer service is handing out powerful antibiotics to people willy nilly.

As for your point about young doctors being brainwashed by the pharmaceutical industry, well I don't know how that is relevant to anything in this case, but I can assure you, it's nothing like you imagine it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Xenophile wrote: »
    Just for the record to my opening post of 29/11/2013. I took just three of the antibiotics in question see my further posts for full clarification. And now one week later my gum has completely healed. You know I would trust a young Spanish lady pharmacist just out of college more than I would trust a recently graduated Irish doctor who has been brain washed directly or indirectly by the Irish Pharmaceutical Industry!

of course, it's entirely possible that what you termed inflammation of your gums was just that- inflammation, mild and self-limiting, which wasn't a bacterial infection and thus didn't require antibiotics, and which would have resolved whether you took three or twenty three tablets.

just sayin'...

Advertisement