Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turkeys

Options
  • 28-11-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

do many of ye have turkeys this year, when ye planning on killing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

The 21st with the mother as my supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Planning for 14th allowing a good week hanging before cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

muppet_man wrote: »
    Planning for 14th allowing a good week hanging before cleaning.
    Would a week hanging with the guts in , in this weather leave them a bit strong ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

Was going to raise turkeys this year but while inspecting the old shed I was thinking of using, the wall collapsed and got out with just a fright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Will kill 18th and 19th and store in cold room until evening of 23rd then clean out and deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 paul_norton

I have 41 turkeys in offaly, looking for someone to pluck them in the midlands area or would I be able to do it myself along with 4 others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

I have 41 turkeys in offaly, looking for someone to pluck them in the midlands area or would I be able to do it myself along with 4 others?

have you ever done it before

no we are a mini company in ty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

thats a tough one, 4 people would do it no problem with experience but if you haven't done it before you might be better off getting someone to help, An ad on donedeal will usually get someone

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

you will have to be careful, if you are selling to friends & family, you should be ok getting someone to do it with you, but if to butcher trade or general public, you may have to get them done in a licenced premises.

is there any parents or local farmers that have killed turkeys before ?? Maybe the offer of a free turkey might help get someone.

A

• Advertisement

We didn't hang our Turkey's? Will that make much of a difference?

Advertisement