Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great delas Curry's /PC world

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

green123 wrote: »
    you still havent explained how he got shafted

well i gave you the facts that i know:confused:

im not going to give you the exact details because i dont know. he loved his job,then he posted on here saying he was going and couldnt explain why. he loved his job but left without saying why. draw your conclusions from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Obviously we don't have all the points on why it happend but at the end of the day this stuff happens the whole time. Any company like dsgi,tesco's even bigger organisations in all sectors will restructure the business in order to remain competitive and react to change. mds don't stay very long not because there not good at there job(declan was great) more so that they don't fit in to the organisations long term plans.declan may have been md but working with a public company he would have had a lot of people above him to answer too...shareholders CEO etc

Another point is that I havnt read anywhere about them cutting valuable jobs on the bottom chain so it could have been tied in with what happend...again purely an assumption

On the cash back yoke it's not coming out of curries pocket it's more than likly through suppliers. See the apple cash back for example...apple products generate feck all Margin for any shop so to discount it your loosing money.I wouldn't be too concerned about account info I'd rather it there than waiting for it in the post which can be annoying. Should fraud activities occur you can be rest assured that would a massive pr disaster for a company as big as them...not that it could not happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

emo72 wrote: »
    well i gave you the facts that i know:confused:

im not going to give you the exact details because i dont know. he loved his job,then he posted on here saying he was going and couldnt explain why. he loved his job but left without saying why. draw your conclusions from that.

thats my point - we dont know why he left, so we cant say that he was shafted.

maybe he was shafted and maybe he wasnt, there could be lots of reasons why he would decide to leave and lots of reasons for a company to let someone go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

How much do you get off an iPad mini retina 16gb? Says UP to 50 but not for sure what's what

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

The heading on that Curry's page that outlines how to claim the cashback states "Claiming could not be more simple".

Perhaps someone could make a few suggestions about how it could be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭3DataModem

codie wrote: »
    Why?I have never given my bank account number over the internet and no company has ever looked for my bank account number when completing a transaction.Credit card or paypal is a different thing all together.

Have you ever written a cheque?

You give more info to a cheque recipient than Currys are asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭abff

green123 wrote: »
    thats my point - we dont know why he left, so we cant say that he was shafted.

maybe he was shafted and maybe he wasnt, there could be lots of reasons why he would decide to leave and lots of reasons for a company to let someone go.

My recollection is that he was the MD of the Irish operation and they decided to eliminate that role on grounds of streamlining the organisation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

daheff wrote: »
    its a tried and trusted business model from the states. Its to encourage more sales from people on the basis that they'll get a rebate in the future. The hope is that people forget and dont claim the rebate.

it is a tried and trusted model in the states, and having lived there for 6 years i used it many times. the difference was the rebate was always by check, and you never had to give your bank details

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

3DataModem wrote: »
    Have you ever written a cheque?

You give more info to a cheque recipient than Currys are asking for.

NO I don't deal with cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Shiminay wrote: »
    So a company takes your money, has 3 weeks to earn interest on it...

3 weeks current interest rates on €10m (circa €11,612 @2%) would probably not even cover the administration costs if each item was average €600 = 16,666 items to process claim backs. That is if they received all the funds from sales in one day and found a bank to offer this rate on such short term money.

I think that was more a off the cuff not thinking it through remark by Shiminay.

As someone suggested its the no claim back or lose the receipt market they are counting on. Plus manufacturer discount arrangements on sales quantities. Perfectly acceptable business practice to drive sales. Too many want bricks and mortar to be cheap as or cheaper than web, it mostly can't happen.

I bought off Currys on Friday and no issue marking in the calendar for the 18th. Good spot op.

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    it is a tried and trusted model in the states, and having lived there for 6 years i used it many times. the difference was the rebate was always by check, and you never had to give your bank details
    While it works well in the states i would say it be the opposite here with us not having post codes and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Not recognising my sort code and account number...

An asian sounding girl in their call center asked me if the account number is a credit or debit card... I gave up explaining it's neither and went with 'debit'. Waiting for a call back ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

skinny90 wrote: »
    While it works well in the states i would say it be the opposite here with us not having post codes and all...

sorry, but why are post codes important?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you scan your receipts and send them to me at the address below, I will generously claim the refund on your behalf and send you on the cash.

You are correct - these large institutions are not safe and cannot be trusted with your bank details.

Your money is very safe with me.

Address

Prince Dilallio Bungabunga
    PO Box 419
    Lagos
    Nigeria

God Bless you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

A prince amongst men indeed.

In a vague attempt to drive this back on topic..

How much of a rebate discount is on offer for instance for a 16Gb Ipad Air (Wireless) or 16 Ipad Mini Retina (Wireless) from PC World? I realise it says "Up to €50" but that doesn't mean its actually going to be €50 of course.

I notice apple are doing some 10% deals today on the likes of the air (not the retina ipad mini though).

So which offers the better discount does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Spipov

30 euros up to 500 euros, 50 euros thereafter

mossym wrote: »
    sorry, but why are post codes important?
    because we dont have post codes in ireland. The amount of unfulfilled postal deliveries in ireland is crazy because of it.
    With post codes there's no need for the local postal worker to know people and where they live. Postal services should work by unique location identifier logic, not familiarity.
    An post has had to rely on familiarity and this has caused too many wrong deliveries, late deliveries, redirected deliveries and lost deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I was looking at the Lenovo yoga 8 in PC world at €259.99 less the €30 Rebate so €229.99

http://www.pcworld.ie/action/searchsite/lenovo-yoga-8

Bought it yesterday on Amazon for £149.99 (c. €183)

Thats about €50 extra in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

because we dont have post codes in ireland. The amount of unfulfilled postal deliveries in ireland is crazy because of it.
    With post codes there's no need for the local postal worker to know people and where they live. Postal services should work by unique location identifier logic, not familiarity.
    An post has had to rely on familiarity and this has caused too many wrong deliveries, late deliveries, redirected deliveries and lost deliveries

It is a help to the postal service but then the government uses the post code as a check on you and people living in the house. You will end up using your post code on official documents. Council and government.
    That's the way it works in the UK anyway. (Lived there for a while)

OldRio wrote: »
    It is a help to the postal service but then the government uses the post code as a check on you and people living in the house. You will end up using your post code on official documents. Council and government.
    That's the way it works in the UK anyway. (Lived there for a while)
    aye but thats not the point to this thread its purly focused on how such procedures work well in some countries and not others
    Seeing as its bargin alerts and not a discussion about postel codes and the ethics of it I feel we should all focus on the thread topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Do you have a source for that? I've never not received post, not know of anyone that hasn't. Are you implying that there is a huge amount of post that never gets delivered because the postal service don't know where the address is? I find that hard to believe.

On the cash back, a decent thread has been brought to **** with crazy paranoid nonsense...

Do you have a source for that? I've never not received post, not know of anyone that hasn't. Are you implying that there is a huge amount of post that never gets delivered because the postal service don't know where the address is? I find that hard to believe.

On the cash back, a decent thread has been brought to **** with crazy paranoid nonsense...
    Set up a separate thread on a relevant forum and we can discuss...on personal level I can't have anything sent up from home (if there's someone coming to Galway they give it too me)
    because if posted it always ends up in limerick and it takes a couple of months to retrieve some birthday cards...other important forums which I needed ASAP...
    How ever saying that if they pay for registered using the same address I get it no problem...not starting a mini conspiracy here just stating my experience.as I said if you would like to discuss it further set up a thread on a relevent forum :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Thanks OP €50 in my bank account.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks again, OP. €30 cash back approved on iPad Air, should be in account within 14 days.

Anyone who bought a tablet on this, don't forget your claim!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

I got a Sony rebate on a camera I bought from Jessops about two years ago. They sent me a prepaid MasterCard, it worked out grand.:) Seems much safer than having to disclose details.

Advertisement