Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molly 1 (DF 450)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭StreetLight

1972, actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 busflyer

Hi. I understand that this was not the last run of DF450. She is still on active standby and will be until the delivery of the two replacements for RH31 and DF430. When they arrive, this will be marked by a ceremony to mark their introduction on to this service AND DF450s service. She will then operate her last service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Csalem

Fixed the date. Will modify the picture captions to say one of her final runs in service. :)

Yeah it seems my report of her demise were a bit premature for Molly 1 was out on the tour last (on Friday 13th no less!):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60501971@N08/11367304483/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

DF450 in service on tours again tonight (Sat 14th).

C635

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Conway635 wrote: »
    DF450 in service on tours again tonight (Sat 14th).

C635

Given that there is a second tour time on weekend nights, is it a safe bet to assume that she will make an appearance out on one or other departure?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

any plans for preservation of this bus i wonder?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Its interesting to note that DF 450 was removed from regular service early in 1988 well before the rest of the D 441-477 Summerhill batch of buses. I can remember working with a driver who told me that he had failed D 450(as it would have been) on its first day of service on the 54 route for heavy steering!

Of course D 378 was another equally interesting bus in terms of livery and uniqueness:
    9038477533_d6fda9be24_c.jpg
    Scan D 378 by Rail Scene Ireland, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Pity D 378 wasn't preserved but then again they all can't be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Sadly, it seems that DF450 has finally retired. She was due to stay in service until the beginning of next month, but, unfortunately, her steering pump failed the other day. Rather than repair her (due to costs), she was retired. The good news is, she seems to have been acquired for preservation. I don't know by who, though. Farewell to the old girl. She served Dublin well over her 42 year career.

Advertisement