Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty sleeping after a tough spin.

Options
  • 25-11-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I find it very difficult to sleep after a tough spin. My spins are usually early morning so I've plenty of time to unwind before bedtime. Does anyone have any experience using Melatonin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Intravenous propofol proved quite effective for Michael Jackson, although he hasn't woken up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PHILI007

That's very informative, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Yes, I used to use melatonin after late night races as I just couldn't get to sleep through the adrenalin. BUT, I stopped. It's harmless stuff but I eventually became lazy about trying to get to sleep, PC in bed, TV late at night, can't sleep, melatonin. Maybe try some other techniques before using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

PHILI007 wrote: »
    That's very informative, thanks.

Eating too much sugar before bed?

A routine helps.

Bed is for sleep not reading tv etc.

Milk and pumpkin work together to help sleep, forget the chemicals involved. Try google

Stretching properly after hard training?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Have you tried counting sheep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Yes, I used to use melatonin after late night races as I just couldn't get to sleep through the adrenalin. BUT, I stopped. It's harmless stuff but I eventually became lazy about trying to get to sleep, PC in bed, TV late at night, can't sleep, melatonin. Maybe try some other techniques before using it.

Is that you, Ryder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Is that you, Ryder?

Yes, but don't let on to anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

mks-mtft-med.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7& raceface-atlas-fr-st-crank-med.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Advertisement