Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming stuff for free app?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I use Tv Portal,not on the play store.Just do a search on google and you should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

iamstop wrote: »
    Anyone know a good app that lets you stream stuff for free? TV, News, Movies etc?

FilmOn.TV App + AerTV + USTV = Perfect TV Range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Show box is worth googling. Excellent for films and TV shows. Not live though. Not on the market.

Xbmc with various add ons will give you live TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

FilmOn.TV App + AerTV + USTV = Perfect TV Range

Never heard of USTV.. Just looking at their price plans the free one looks pretty ****.. and the paid ones look pretty expensive.. Which one do you use ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Show box is worth googling. Excellent for films and TV shows. Not live though. Not on the market.

Xbmc with various add ons will give you live TV.

Showbox seems great but it seems to keep cutting off for ads and won't resume. :mad:

• Advertisement

Showbox seems great but it seems to keep cutting off for ads and won't resume. :mad:

Ah, sorry about that, it's worked ok for me the last couple of times I used it to stream, but I tend to mostly use it to download and watch later. Have you gone down the xbmc route? Gives you more options if one source is playing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Maybe you could find an older apk for it?
    My version has no ads at all and I use it daily and have watched quite a lot of different show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Veetle is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

I think ShowBox is down right now.

I think ShowBox is down right now.

Yeah I'm getting server error, but I haven't updated my app as it was working fine up until this morning.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm getting server error, but I haven't updated my app as it was working fine up until this morning.

Afraid it won't make a blind bit of difference, upgrade is the same,read it may be down for over a month,hope not though.

Afraid it won't make a blind bit of difference, upgrade is the same,read it may be down for over a month,hope not though.

It would be great if it was only a month. I presumed they had been forced to jack it in entirely.

It would be great if it was only a month. I presumed they had been forced to jack it in entirely.

Its a Russian website so by the time they've finished drinking their vodka they might need a day or so to recuperate.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Filmon worked fine for me when I first installed it, but after a while it would only work for a few minutes at a time. I haven't tried re-installing it as I haven't needed to. But I must say, quality was pretty good when it did work.

From their site, the linked this on their twitter on thursday
    We will return to you in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Fingers crossed, I miss it. :)

From their site, the linked this on their twitter on thursday

Fingers crossed, I miss it. :)
    Cheers bud,the quality on it is top notch.

From their website today.
    MovieBox fixed for end of week,ShowBox later tomorrow.

From their website today.
    MovieBox fixed for end of week,ShowBox later tomorrow.

Seems to be working again for me at the minute, so looks like they stuck to their time frame, did a 10 min test and steamed well for that time.

Likewise bud,just watched 2 Guns,perfect.
    Had to do an update,so if you do that,it'll tell you to wait a few secs,let it run for 3 mins then go out and back to the app,it will play fine.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Is Showbox on the play store? Can't find it.

• Advertisement

Casey78 wrote: »
    Is Showbox on the play store? Can't find it.

No its not, have to Google it and download it from their site.

http://media-apps.cc/
    There you go.
    When watching it,always use Medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

http://media-apps.cc/
    There you go.
    When watching it,always use Medium.

OK, got this app earlier, and all i can say is....

how do they do it??

Perhaps less said the better, but it is hard to fathom....it's brilliant, and has so much content....

why am I paying for Netflix?? Am I mad??

:confused::confused:

how do they do it??

Perhaps less said the better, but it is hard to fathom....it's brilliant, and has so much content....

It's way better than other websites that stream films that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

how do they do it??

Seems to good to be true doesn't it? Works extremely well.

Reliability would be the big difference between this and netflix, not that it's been down much at all, but could easily be wiped out by a cease and dissist type notice from a distributor, TV company or the like. I'm enjoying it whilst it's here, but netflix will still be plodding on long after this has gone.

Reliability would be the big difference between this and netflix, not that it's been down much at all, but could easily be wiped out by a cease and dissist type notice from a distributor, TV company or the like. I'm enjoying it whilst it's here, but netflix will still be plodding on long after this has gone.

Yeah, I can see how that could happen, like other services, and torrents, pirate bay, napster, audio galaxy, etc,etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Is there a windows version of this? For desktop, not mobile? I'm thinking windows 7 specifically.

Is there a windows version of this? For desktop, not mobile? I'm thinking windows 7 specifically.

Don't think so but I'll ask about.
    Only two places that do decent quality on windows for films is Dreamfilm.se which is Swedish subtitles with English lingo.
    Noobroom.com is good but sometimes it stops every now and then.

• Advertisement

Don't think so but I'll ask about.
    Only two places that do decent quality on windows for films is Dreamfilm.se which is Swedish subtitles with English lingo.
    Noobroom.com is good but sometimes it stops every now and then.

Apparently there is a way, with s/w called bluestacks, google it.

I have not tried, but there is a YT video, not very explanatory though, I missed most of what the guy was saying, but he got apk's to work on his Windows Laptop.

Interesting support topic here:

How can I pair my Android phone and my Windows PC?

Advertisement