Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting open vented to sealed system

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭pat35

shane0007 wrote: »
    Sorry never looked at that one.
    Yup, IMO it's a rad replacement & re-pipe the to the other side. Solder elbow from where it exits the floor, kick to skirting, along back of rad & a kick to valve. Shouldn't even be seen.
    All in copper though.

A good chance to ensure the rads are sized correctly as pipework will be ran to suit the rad.
    I would still powerflush the system in case of sludge going into new rads.
    Il be able to do the majority of them underground as nearly all rooms have carpet.How would you calculate the rad btu output or what sizing calculater should i use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

pat35 wrote: »
    Il be able to do the majority of them underground as nearly all rooms have carpet.How would you calculate the rad btu output or what sizing calculater should i use?

Mear's calculator are pretty good or a detailed heat loss calculation based on actual U values of the affected building fabrics that are actually present in each room.

But that's a whole other thread....

Mear's calculator are pretty good or a detailed heat loss calculation based on actual U values of the affected building fabrics that are actually present in each room.

But that's a whole other thread....
    Ok,Thanks for your time,

Sorry never looked at that one.
    Yup, IMO it's a rad replacement & re-pipe the to the other side. Solder elbow from where it exits the floor, kick to skirting, along back of rad & a kick to valve. Shouldn't even be seen.
    All in copper though.

A good chance to ensure the rads are sized correctly as pipework will be ran to suit the rad.
    I would still powerflush the system in case of sludge going into new rads.
    I changed all the radiators,All pipes underground.I fitted an automatic air vent in the boiler house.The system was clean so i did not powerflush,I dont have one!.Heating now working perfect.Ten years of pain is over,Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Chances are doing the rads would have sorted your problem without worrying about pressurising the system. In case anyone has a similar problem.

• Advertisement

freddyuk wrote: »
    Chances are doing the rads would have sorted your problem without worrying about pressurising the system. In case anyone has a similar problem.
    I didnt pressurised the system afterwards.I just changed the radiators.You are correct,Thanks,

Advertisement