Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Lights

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,070 ✭✭✭✭phog

Jofspring wrote: »
    The one that gets me is on Sarsfield Brige heading out the Ennis Road Direction there is a line about 10 yards back from the lights to ensure space for the buses coming up Clancys Strand to turn into town yet people continually ignore the line and drive up to the lights. I've seen buses unable to turn the bend meaning no cars get through from Clancys or O'Callaghan Strand.

My route into town is Clancy Strand and I hate being behind a bus for that reason, lights go green, bus tries to turn and can only get in a half swing, everyone behind him misses out on that set of green lights until next time.

Drivers blocking the yellow box at the Strand/Maternity junction are another damnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Trouwe Ier

Annacotty and Ballysimon have a different council than the Ennis Road (till the summer anyway).

I am not sure that there is anywhere else on this island with such an underwhelming junction as J29 at Ballysimon where a motorway meets a national route. They've already spent hundreds of thousands on it since 2004. When you compare it to some of the other junctions on the M7 such as those for villages at Ballybrittas, Borris-in-Ossory etc where there are long slip roads and lots of lights......

I think there is only a straight-ahead filter arrow alright at Ivan's coming into town so you can't legally turn right unless the right filter arrow comes on. Not that it stops some morons coming from town turning right onto Brookville Avenue while I am legally crossing the junction inbound.

Another thing about Ivan's cross is the proliferation of bucket collectors jaywalking between the filter lanes, especially when some lanes have green arrows. The practice should be outlawed.....if it isn't already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

So who in the council has a relative who owns a traffic light factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

So who in the council has a relative who owns a traffic light factory?
    No, I think they sent out some fool Director of Sevices to buy Christmas lights, and he got the order confused and came back with a truckload of traffic lights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It is my personal belief that anywhere else studies are done to research how traffic is affected by different junction layouts and what is the best solution to improve traffic flow.
    Here, the councillors have only picked up on this:
    Cars are bad and must be stopped. For that you use silly speed limits, senseless road layouts, tons and tons of traffic lights and then make parking difficult and expensive.
    Then you must whine loudly about the inner city dying and wonder aloud that you have no idea why this is happening.
    One outstanding moron even proposed levying a special tax on out of town shopping centers to counteract this.
    So, the solution to a dying inner city was to ruin everything else as well.
    I have lived here for 20 years and I have learnt one thing:
    Irish government doesn't encourage anything. It's never anything good or positive.
    It's tax hammer or ban hammer. Then when everything is ruined, collect your wages, bonus and fat pension. You never get a sense that government wants to encourage or help. It's more like success despite the best efforts of the authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 howyahorselk

Ahh Kennedy..You're still alive!

Advertisement