Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which space game to get?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

EoinHef wrote: »
    Yeah seems like a few people on that starport site were trying to get it viewed as abandon ware so could be freely distributed but someone else obviously disagreed.......microsoft maybe? Wouldn surprise me:(

surprisingly, I think I recall downloading it from a microsoft site :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thats actually the one i was looking at,reckon ill be ok. Looking forward to this now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

There's always Tachyon: The Fringe. Starring Bruce 'The Chin' Campbell.
    A bit old, but not a bad game.

And +1,000,000 on Freespace 2.

Now if only someone would release new, updated versions of XWing and Tie Fighter.

EDIT: I forgot to mention (and I'm surprised nobody else did) but Independance War 2 is an epic space game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wossack wrote: »
    surprisingly, I think I recall downloading it from a microsoft site :o

Hmm, I wonder if Im confusing it with 'Allegiance' actually.. sorry, am all over the shop lol. Its old old old, and was released under common license by microsoft

Actually, another game I quite enjoyed - though not on the same level as games mentioned, is 'DarkStar One'. Tis relatively new too (2008), so maybe more easily sourced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Considering how the game industry loves sequels it's a crime the Freespace franchise was allowed to fade away :(

I'v always liked the X games but as others have said it tends to be best to wait a while for them to be patched up a bit first.

Star citizen looks just to good to be true but maybe the gaming gods will favor us this time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement