Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Long Dark (PC)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I would have loved the sandbox gameplay with an end game. Something simple like find a map, a radio, get power to it, and get to a point so you can get in touch with a rescue team who will show up at x point in 7 days and then survive until they get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

New episode released last week for The Long Dark. Went back to give it a try and find that my games does not seem to be saved on Steam. Cannot face replaying the first two episodes again..:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Glebee wrote: »
    New episode released last week for The Long Dark. Went back to give it a try and find that my games does not seem to be saved on Steam. Cannot face replaying the first two episodes again..:(:(
    You're not missing much tbh. Thought it was poor.

I got this for free on the Epic Store, and loaded it up a few months back on. It really is an outstanding game. The story mode is fine, but the sandbox mode is an incredibly rich and immersive experience. Went straight into interloper mode, and have now managed to survive for 45 days on the latest run through. It's very slow paced, and can be punishingly difficult. It has some annoying quirks, but I really haven't played a game like it. Every action has consequences. There's a deep feeling of reward in deciding to move to a new area, finding a new place to base yourself from, and crafting enough to survive for even a few days longer. And not a zombie or monster in sight.

I know this has become quite the cult classic, and am hoping the developers create a sequel. I'm a very casual gamer (Geforce Now on the Nvidia Shield) and this is the sort of game that really appeals to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a month of psnow, must try this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement