Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about maternity clothes sizing

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://change.com/int/stores

Dublin
    Change - Pavilion» Pavillions Shopping Centre, Swords, Co.Dublin Show details
    Change - Omni Shopping Center» Omni Park Shopping Centre, Unit 208, Sword Road, Dublin 5 Show details
    Change - Liffey Valley» Liffey Valley, Fonthill Road, Unit 103, Shopping Centre, Dublin 22Show details
    Dundalk
    Change - Dundalk» 2 Park Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth Show details
    Galway
    Change - Galway» 11 Eglinton Street, Galway Show details
    Limerick
    Change - Limerick» Crescent Shopping Centre, Unit 15A, City Mall, Limerick City Show details

sizing is a bit different to M and S so do get measured but the fit is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

[QUOT]If your cup size is the same or you are not pouring out of them just get bra extenders to tide you over till ypu get propetly measured.

![/QUOTE]

SOOOOO much to learn, good grief! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Back again... Had to succumb and get a fitting as my own underwired bras were killing me now. I've gone up from 34B to 36C at 22wks. I was encouraged to go wireless as was told the wired ones wouldn't last as long and I'd have to replacethem more often plus the wireless would be more comfy.

Wore a wireless one today, supercomfy- yes, but my god, boobs look so flat and shapeless and no way I could wear a tight-ish/ stretchy top as nipple- central! Have worn underwired all my adult life and bar a bikini here and there, it's all I know! Seriously going shopping again for some underwired ones again! Or am I mad?? Should I just suck up the comfy but very unsexy spread-out-looking boobs! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

73trix wrote: »
    Back again... Had to succumb and get a fitting as my own underwired bras were killing me now. I've gone up from 34B to 36C at 22wks. I was encouraged to go wireless as was told the wired ones wouldn't last as long and I'd have to replacethem more often plus the wireless would be more comfy.

Wore a wireless one today, supercomfy- yes, but my god, boobs look so flat and shapeless and no way I could wear a tight-ish/ stretchy top as nipple- central! Have worn underwired all my adult life and bar a bikini here and there, it's all I know! Seriously going shopping again for some underwired ones again! Or am I mad?? Should I just suck up the comfy but very unsexy spread-out-looking boobs! :eek:

I got a wireless/maternity one in Debenhams (their own brand) which is quite thick so there's no sign of the nips, so maybe you should try for that kindof style? Like a T-shirt bra I suppose but with no wires. My size at the moment is 38G and it doesn't look too saggy! (normally i'd be a 36E/F) Anyway might be worth trying there if there is one near you .... 31.50 was the price - not the cheapest I suppose. I get all my 'normal' underwear in there so that's why I went looking there ....they have a good selection of sizes for the bigger boobs :)

I got a couple from mothercare on my last pregnancy and one was awful - totally shapeless for the boobs and had a wire/bone running down the side under my armpits that just dug in constantly, the other one isn't too bad but just doesn't fit this time round - boobs are spilling out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

73trix wrote: »

I'd get a wired one. The reason your old ones were killing you is coz they were the wrong size, not because they were wired! I'm in and around the same size as you. I'm normally 36B and have gone up to 38C now because I'm pregnant. I went into Dunnes and got a few of these in black and white in my new bigger size:
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/jacquard-bra/lingerie/dunnesstores/fcp-product/451296?colour=white

They've been doing me fine, and they look good under clothes etc. Good thing about them, they're cheap so, so what if you don't wear them again after preg.
    I'm 26 weeks, not sure if near the end I'll have to switch to wireless but I tried on a wireless one and as you say - yikes! I'll be putting that off as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

When should you buy a nursing bra? I'm only about 27w, and I just want to make sure I don't go any bigger when I buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

When should you buy a nursing bra? I'm only about 27w, and I just want to make sure I don't go any bigger when I buy it.

They reccomend to be fitted around 38 weeks for nursing bras.
    Penny's have two for 10€ at the moment!

Advertisement