Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Shot Event & Photowalk - Boards Photobook Launch Day 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

*Prints out more maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

*Prints out more maps!

I can print some if you send it over - printer here to be used ;-)

21 hours to go until the first photowalk - nobody has aked for my number so I presume people know where the walks start!

Big thank you goes out to www.moo.com for sponsoring a spot-prize for the raffle!
    moo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I've just realised, I haven't gotten an email about anything, and I've checked spam and all that :confused::(

• Advertisement

Got your registration just now - you chose to pay on the day so there's no email due!

See you tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Excellente, thank you! :D

Dont know if I clarified but the second walk is starting at 2:30 @ top of Grafton St. / entrance to st Stephens green.

You can catch me during the day on twitter @GenLeeSpecific

Hope to see you all at some time during the day! (c:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deftones

Got no confirmation on this when registered? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

It's a manual process to confirm and I just checked. We got your registration... it was midnight when it came in ;-) on my way to photowalk now so we'll send you payment induction as soon an possible, once payment received you'll get the code and can submit until 06.12. So get your winning entry between 1-2 today and we'll catchup soon:-)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hey there... Great day yesterday!! Had a lot of fun...

I'm just editing my pics now... I need to crop one and I cut it out and pasted it into a new file but it occured to me that the file info wont be in the new file... do you need the EXIF data to be intact or is that an "honour" system? I dont mind either way but I thought it might be good to know (there's no mention of EXIF data or anything about verification the pic was taken during the hour on the Ts&Cs).

Anyway, great day and had a blast (and too much wine :) ).
    Thanks again for organising it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

It's not stated in the T&C alright but as pix.ie shows the "taken at" time is's better / more fair the EXIF is correct.

So my question: Why do you have to paste your edit after crop into a new file? Would it not work to just "Save as..."? That keeps the original EXIF...

Glad you enjoyed the day / night! :)
    And thanks for sponsoring the booze! (Outch)

DeVore wrote: »
    Hey there... Great day yesterday!! Had a lot of fun...

I'm just editing my pics now... I need to crop one and I cut it out and pasted it into a new file but it occured to me that the file info wont be in the new file... do you need the EXIF data to be intact or is that an "honour" system? I dont mind either way but I thought it might be good to know (there's no mention of EXIF data or anything about verification the pic was taken during the hour on the Ts&Cs).

Anyway, great day and had a blast (and too much wine :) ).
    Thanks again for organising it!

Honour system in this case - I did see the shots on the back of the screen :)

Had a really great day, only just getting a chance to sit down and catch up on everything now - thank you to everyone, we are so lucky that Dublin Camera Club give us the space and that Xia was so good to get it into shape for us!

Thanks everyone - hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and that you are all happy with the books :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

xia wrote: »
    It's not stated in the T&C alright but as pix.ie shows the "taken at" time is's better / more fair the EXIF is correct.

So my question: Why do you have to paste your edit after crop into a new file? Would it not work to just "Save as..."? That keeps the original EXIF...

Glad you enjoyed the day / night! :)
    And thanks for sponsoring the booze! (Outch)
    a habit I got into after the Nth time I had said "sure I'll just save it as a new filename" and then overwrote the original :)

but in this case I'll make a copy and then edit the file directly ... its better that way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

I may be submitting a "film" shot (depends on how they come out). There will be no valid EXIF data (except what the scanner gives, and that will show the wrong date).

Just gonna have to trust me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

DeVore wrote: »
    a habit I got into after the Nth time I had said "sure I'll just save it as a new filename" and then overwrote the original :)

but in this case I'll make a copy and then edit the file directly ... its better that way. :)

That's a good idea!!:) No fireworks shots allowed so!! (It was a pleasure to meet you by the way:D)

Im just after loading the shots onto my computer, so I'll be busy for a while:D:D

Good luck to everyone!!

Today is deadline day!! Make sure you get your entries in before 6pm :)

Looking forward to publishing them for everyone to see!

Quick Shot entries are up!
    8942EE1324964D688205227DADF87B8D-0000359651-0003450193-00673L-5D3D30F8CD604E75ADC5DAD3F958F475.jpg

Camera entries: http://pix.ie/boardsbook/album/481802
    Phone entries: http://pix.ie/boardsbook/album/481803

Good luck everyone!

4AC8CB5EAB8343B6AAFDFA7E289008DB-0000359651-0003455330-00800L-7F7B0965E78D4CA9B5FE3CA7E5045CC3.jpg

Advertisement