Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show Tickets

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Winners to be announced by tomorrow. Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

newbie2 wrote: »
    False

True.

Source: 2 RTE employers. 1 ex producer , 1 technical assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Loughc wrote: »
    Winners to be announced by tomorrow. Anyone hear anything?

Interesting!! How do u know this? Winners to be announced or contacted by mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Its on their facebook page they said winners will contacted by Nov 24, If you get a mail you have one if not you don't.They won't tell you you're not getting tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Toy Show should be dropped it only goes to show the huge gap in social inequality. As you can see no British channel has such a show. Why ? Because they have a little more cop on as to what infuriates the less well off.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Its on their facebook page they said winners will contacted by Nov 24, If you get a mail you have one if not you don't.They won't tell you you're not getting tickets

I applied in writing :/ they never said to include an email address

Didn't know they accepted entries by mail I thought it had to be done through RTE website.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Xenophile wrote: »
    Toy Show should be dropped it only goes to show the huge gap in social inequality. As you can see no British channel has such a show. Why ? Because they have a little more cop on as to what infuriates the less well off.

Should we only do things if a british channel does it too?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Xenophile wrote: »

I take it you didn't get tickets so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Not me anyway:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

you only had to apply by mail if you were applying for your child to be on it. To get audience tickets you had to apply online

I don't think anyone has heard anything yet....I hope :(

you only had to apply by mail if you were applying for your child to be on it. To get audience tickets you had to apply online

No you actually could apply by mail.

Even if you applied in writing there was a space included in the application form for email details. Their website clearly states any non application form requests /begging letters would be ignored.

Even if you applied in writing there was a space included in the application form for email details. Their website clearly states any non application form requests /begging letters would be ignored.

Link please

Link please

It's gone as the applications deadline has passed along time ago. It was on their T&c's tho.

It's gone as the applications deadline has passed along time ago. It was on their T&c's tho.

I'll take your word for it but in the 'write in' section it didn't mention it! Anyway no need to pick this topic to shreds, the chances of being picked were slim ;)

I'll take your word for it but in the 'write in' section it didn't mention it! Anyway no need to pick this topic to shreds, the chances of being picked were slim ;)

Exactly. 40,001 to 1 chance of getting a ticket. Horrible odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wikifry

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for people, but the calls and emails were sent out at around 4pm today...I got a call and a confirmation email then...maybe they're still contacting people but I can't know for sure!
    I must say though, I'm shaking with excitement here! :D

Wikifry wrote: »
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news for people, but the calls and emails were sent out at around 4pm today...I got a call and a confirmation email then...maybe they're still contacting people but I can't know for sure!

Wow. Congrats to you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Screenshot of conformation e-mail please.

BNMC wrote: »
    Screenshot of conformation e-mail please.

Agreed 1st time poster aswell

Confirmation email as requested!

Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Congrats!

Jammy fecker! :pac:

I think they're just slow in getting to me. Yes, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Lol are people seriously taking a screenshot anyone could make up as legit?

"You're application" - I know RTE are incompetent at the best of times but surely they have a grasp of correct grammar.

-"That Gambler from Paraguay made up a phoney ticket"
    -"That means there's one Golden ticket still floating around somewhere!...can you imagine the nerve of that guy, trying to fool the whole world?"
    -"Boy, he really was a crook!"

My most heartfelt apologies to all who were fooled, I just couldn't pass up an oppertunity to re-enact Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! :P

I hope I took your minds off this for a while though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

-"That means there's one Golden ticket still floating around somewhere!...can you imagine the nerve of that guy, trying to fool the whole world?"

My most heartfelt apologies to all who were fooled, I just couldn't pass up an oppertunity to re-enact Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! :P

Yeah, good one. :rolleyes:

No tickets for you, Sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From a post of facebook
    All audience members for The Late Late Toy Show 2013 will be contacted by end of business today. If you do not hear from a member of our team by the end of the day please apply again next year once Toy Show applications open. In the interest of fairness we operate a lottery system for ticket allocation. Audience members are selected at random from our database of entries. We have received a record amount of applications this year, over 40,000, many thanks for your interest and we hope that you enjoy the show on Friday. Merry Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement