Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Not sure it counts
    605860-czech-republic-tour-de-france-kick-bikes.jpg

Jaysus. I want one of those jobbies with the deep section Zipp front wheel..........seriously aero.

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Whats the perceived "wisdom" on acceptability of spacers? None above and none below?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Inquitus wrote: »
    Whats the perceived "wisdom" on acceptability of spacers? None above and none below?

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

pelagro-proflex-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

AstraMonti wrote: »
    pelagro-proflex-1.jpg

It may be ugly but it's like a car wreck, I can't stop staring at it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

tut tut

Plume-Bikehacks.jpg

5835367.jpg?297

profunn-funny-pictures-ugly-bycicle-seat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dakar

When all you've ever ridden is a donkey, even a thoroughbred with dodgy pedigree is a golden winged pegasus. Beauty, in other words, is very much in the eye of the beholder...
    C102D367D0BF4A1D994873E5B7DF9F77-0000317779-0003534222-00640L-67603EC7CAD143A899AA8F35EDEB1106.jpg

Gaze in wonder at the luxurious paint job, gasp at the two generations old ultegra groupset, ponder the slightly odd frame geometry, I'm just amazed that it brought me 40km around Lough Arrow without me breaking sweat.

But best of all, it was free...

Edit: I know it's ugly, I'm promising myself that if I'm a good boy and actually make use of it I can have something really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

mVYtH0wkFG

Modern bike, IN the peloton, higher standards applied. This be ugly....

mVYtH0wkFG

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

dakar wrote: »
    When all you've ever ridden is a donkey, even a thoroughbred with dodgy pedigree is a golden winged pegasus. Beauty, in other words, is very much in the eye of the beholder...
    C102D367D0BF4A1D994873E5B7DF9F77-0000317779-0003534222-00640L-67603EC7CAD143A899AA8F35EDEB1106.jpg

Gaze in wonder at the luxurious paint job, gasp at the two generations old ultegra groupset, ponder the slightly odd frame geometry, I'm just amazed that it brought me 40km around Lough Arrow without me breaking sweat.

But best of all, it was free...

Edit: I know it's ugly, I'm promising myself that if I'm a good boy and actually make use of it I can have something really nice :)

Dosn't look much wrong with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dakar

Dosn't look much wrong with that!

Ah the old Lidl bike gets a lot of stick My only mistake is looking at the loveliness that's out there if I stick with the cycling and allow myself a bike to work present later in the year. This is hands down the best bike I've ever owned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Haven't seen a Cannondale on here for a while. This one is unassisted by the usual lefty fork, finding ugliness in unexpected places.

May I present the Cannondale Quick Carbon 1.

Quick_Carbon_1.png?v=1375396625

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    Haven't seen a Cannondale on here for a while. This one is unassisted by the usual lefty fork, finding ugliness in unexpected places.

May I present the Cannondale Quick Carbon 1.

We can recommend this to everyone who comes in looking for a flat-barred road bike cos the brakes are easier to each and allow you to see over traffic or something. Fúck 'em.

Raam wrote: »
    We can recommend this to everyone who comes in looking for a flat-barred road bike cos the brakes are easier to each and allow you to see over traffic or something.
    Ah, now there's nothing wrong with a nice hybrid. This, for instance, the design of which is thoughtful and elegant.

Lumen wrote: »
    Ah, now there's nothing wrong with a nice hybrid. This, for instance, the design of which is thoughtful and elegant.

It's as pretty as an ugly baby.

090319094145276068.jpg

tumblr_mqgp51OU4d1s5r694o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

"Oh. Hi. You're home early..."

ridiculous.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1396531054322

giraffe-long-neck-2.3.jpg

dh4nmd.jpg

• Advertisement

Major bummer, Inquitus. I feel for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Shoite. what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

20140602_112642.jpg

Why. Why do this to a steel road frame. Why not buy a hybrid or a trekking bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

This is the tragic end that faces all retired bikes, once the pride and joy of their owners, but eventually sold off to some heartless skanger for a few quid, just to raise funds for a fancy new model :o

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

recedite wrote: »
    This is the tragic end that faces all retired bikes, once the pride and joy of their owners, but eventually sold off to some heartless skanger for a few quid, just to raise funds for a fancy new model :o

Its like in Toy Story where the mean kid does horrible experiments on all the toys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

recedite wrote: »

It's how I have ended up with 4 steeds, only 1 of which is operational. I couldn't face seeing the old workhorses being cast aside. :o My bedroom is like a retirement home for old steel racers. In various states of 'refurbishment'*

*take bits off/apart to fix, run out of time, bikes left lying around in various states of 'undress' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Why. Why do this to a steel road frame. Why not buy a hybrid or a trekking bike.

I am trying to build something like that at the moment, a nice rideable bike for my (new) commute in Dublin that the thieving feckers will not take a fancy to. Will probably use my 70's columbus steel frame with a number of hideous ad dons like flat bars, racks and mudguards. The frames are nearly perfect, comfy, mudguard clearance and do not look special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

krissovo wrote: »
    I am trying to build something like that at the moment, a nice rideable bike for my (new) commute in Dublin that the thieving feckers will not take a fancy to. Will probably use my 70's columbus steel frame with a number of hideous ad dons like flat bars, racks and mudguards. The frames are nearly perfect, comfy, mudguard clearance and do not look special.

But but the fluorescent yellow vertical bull horns!

10387413_680627612004113_1800986491315308993_n.jpg

• Advertisement

A truly ugly bianchi, the bike should be called the oxymoron

Advertisement