Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from down south living in Belfast?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Colinf1212 wrote: »
    I live in South Belfast and I could almost guarantee it's a better place to live than 99 percent of the Republic.

where is the 1% of the republic that is/may be better in your view?! all depends on what kind of lifestyle one wants to live i suppose. have never stayed over night up north but planning to and travel around. could never imagine relocating there not that its an option but i suppose should visit there to confirm first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I'm kinda the opposite. I'm from the north but have worked down here in Dublin since the early 2000's but I'm considering a move back home. I'm not from Belfast but realistically its my best option for finding work in the north.

BTW tax in the north is lower as far as I know. You don't move into the high tax bracket unless you earn over £100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Were drinks ever organised? Im from Dublin but lived in Belfast for 5 years and now in Moira for the last 2yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Nope, the idea kinda fell on its arse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Ignore my previous post about the tax bracket, I was wrong, but you still will most likely pay less tax than in the republic.

I moved back to the north last summer and I'm working in Belfast but not living there yet. I'm considering a move soon though, probably in the next couple of months.

Having said all that, I kind of miss Dublin and I can see myself moving back at some point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement