Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dgt wrote: »
    Muff dive? :pac:

You've as much chance, put it that way. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

When I was driving home from college on Friday going through clonmel I noticed vans boom lift outside the old Renault garage near tesco closed about 3 years it was a mordant garage. As I was driving to college this morning all the signs were up and about 30 cars outside it I was shocked mordant signs up. I hope it works out its so nice to see an empty wasted car garage come alive again hopefully this will happen to more idle garages.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bpmull wrote: »
    When I was driving home from college on Friday going through clonmel I noticed vans boom lift outside the old Renault garage near tesco closed about 3 years it was a mordant garage. As I was driving to college this morning all the signs were up and about 30 cars outside it I was shocked mordant signs up. I hope it works out its so nice to see an empty wasted car garage come alive again hopefully this will happen to more idle garages.

Is that yer man who wrote a book last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Stheno wrote: »

The author? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Scortho wrote: »
    The author? :pac:

No the garage owner, I seem to remember that name Mordant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They were reglazing it on Wednesday. Was there a fire out the back?

Not sure tbh. Mordant group had a lot of garages and dealership in clonmel. But were down to one garage until they reopened this one. I must go past the other one on Friday to see if that one is still open but I'd assume there back to 2 now. I don't think they have any franchises though maybe one.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They were reglazing it on Wednesday. Was there a fire out the back?

I didn't think so although if it was around the back I wouldn't have seen it. Looked like they were just doing a basic tidy up and maintenance before they reopened it. As it was a relatively new garage when it closed and they lost the Renault dealership. It always looked like such a waste when it was empty.

Not sure tbh. Mordant group had a lot of garages and dealership in clonmel. But were down to one garage until they reopened this one. I must go past the other one on Friday to see if that one is still open but I'd assume there back to 2 now. I don't think they have any franchises though maybe one.

Twas George Mordant I was thinking about

That's probably him I don't think there is that many different mordaunts in clonmel my phone was just spelling it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I didn't think so although if it was around the back I wouldn't have seen it. Looked like they were just doing a basic tidy up and maintenance before they reopened it. As it was a relatively new garage when it closed and they lost the Renault dealership. It always looked like such a waste when it was empty.

Latest News
    RELOCATION: We are moving! From November 11, 2013 the Mordaunt Group will be relocated to our premies on the Carrigeen Roundabout, Clonmel (opposite Tesco).

There's a lot be said for just selling used cars.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Latest News
    RELOCATION: We are moving! From November 11, 2013 the Mordaunt Group will be relocated to our premies on the Carrigeen Roundabout, Clonmel (opposite Tesco).

A right by the looks of that the other garage near the shopping centre is closing. I'd of thought the other garage the one near the shopping centre was a bigger and a better garage I could be wrong I was never in either. Also by the looks of the cars this morning most of the stuff was newer 10 11 reg stuff. Although I didn't get a proper look and it was 5am so still dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yeah. Passed it this morning, didn't spot an Irish reg on any car. All just had the year on the front. It's the old GBM Renault showroom.

Yeah. Passed it this morning, didn't spot an Irish reg on any car. All just had the year on the front. It's the old GBM Renault showroom.

Apparently he is doing "virtual selling" bringing in cars from the UK

A for the last year or more most of their stuff is from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Workmate bought one like that. To be fair the car was mint and they've put big miles on it since without hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I can live again! :D

Got my grant and a generous travel fund from dit, So a new wiper motor and tracking are first on the list, after that, regular boring stuff, like glue...and balsa wood, god I hate that stuff, but if anyone has any and doesn't want it, I'll gladly take it from you, provided its decent of course :P

Got my grant and a generous travel fund from dit, So a new wiper motor and tracking are first on the list, after that, regular boring stuff, like glue...and balsa wood, god I hate that stuff, but if anyone has any and doesn't want it, I'll gladly take it from you, provided its decent of course :P

Are your wipers not working at all.

Are your wipers not working at all.

Just about now, i'd give it two weeks maybe three before they quit altogether

Just about now, i'd give it two weeks maybe three before they quit altogether

Ah right at least there not completely gone. There probably just worn out from all the mileage you've put up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

You get a grant to drive to college:eek: Lucky sod:mad:

Ah right at least there not completely gone. There probably just worn out from all the mileage you've put up :pac:

Probably :pac: 72000 miles so far!

Yeah haha gona be a pain now and use this

#povertypickles

:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just ordered a new oil level sensor for the BM. Service next weekend, where can I pick up some Castrol Edge? I have over 4 litres already, but will need more. Anyone know where's cheap for Castrol Edge 5w 30 fully synth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Waiting for word on mine.... I feckin need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Just ordered a new oil level sensor for the BM. Service next weekend, where can I pick up some Castrol Edge? I have over 4 litres already, but will need more. Anyone know where's cheap for Castrol Edge 5w 30 fully synth?

http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=1212932..?

Or else of course your friendly neighbourhood motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Halfords and while I know I sound like a broken record, Mobil 1 is a better oil. As is Liqi Moli. Castol + BMW is mostly marketing exercise. Also Castrol do those annoying 4litre cans when everyone else is 5litres! Castol Edge is better than Edge Sport, also a somewhat dubious Castrol-ism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Is this the fastest new chat thread yet?
    The other one was opened back in may!
    We do talk a lot of crap! :P

Just got a 23% plagiarism report back (limits 18) for something I wrote entirely by myself?? :confused:

Dafuq dit???

Just got a 23% plagiarism report back (limits 18) for something I wrote entirely by myself?? :confused:

Dafuq dit???

No references or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Dafuq dit???

Whadya mean the hyperlinks from the wikipedia article were still there, I wrote it myself :P

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement