Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utterly Ridiculous Red Card, IMO of course

Options
  • 09-11-2013 11:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I know Christmas is coming but this red card is not only too early, it's undeserved and downright stupid, IMO again of course. Is it OK to express an opinion in an appeal?

Thread

It was a joke. That is not an opinion - it's a statement of fact.

Christmas, stress & anxiety, present suggestion for a tablet requested, "Xanax", an anxiety relieving tablet ,was my response. It's a play on words, a pun. It might be a bad pun, or even not funny, but by any stretch of anyone's perverse imagination it's not uncivil!!! It isn't even directed at anyone, it's a one-word on-thread response, thus in order to be offended by the word, someone would need to be prowling the threads with their ready-to-take-offence sensor set to ultra-hyper-sensitive.

It might, just might, have earned the "you say it best when you say nothing at all" type-post later in the thread but that would be at a stretch. I'm appealing the infraction because it's no way commensurate with an innocent remark. It's not my fault if a poster and a moderator share a zero humour quotient.

I've been subjected to some insane moderation decisions but this one takes the absolute biscuit.

I've pm'd the mod concerned but I'm not waiting for a response as I'm 99.9% sure what the decision will be based on previous appeals of infraction decisions, hence my appeal here.

So in the spirit of Christmas, set the offence meters to "Normal", exercise your funny bones and allow my appeal.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

sorry guys, I don't understand, something went wrong, post deleted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It was deleted, Yoyo was not invited to respond by a cmod.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mathepac, I'm going to lift this card for a combination of three reasons.
    1. It was a mildly amusing comment that could have been let go. Though frankly the mod was within their rights to card you for being a smartass.
    2. This thread has been sitting here too long and should have been dealt with sooner.
    3. It's nearly Christmas.

So consider yourself lucky and maybe avoid such commentary in the future unless you're sure it's welcome.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement