Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email on Samsung

Options
  • 07-11-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I have been trying to set up my email on my Samsung Galaxy Ace. I have entered the eircom.net incoming and outgoing setting but it still doesn't work. Is there other SMTP/POP3 settings that I should use?
    I use outlook on my home computer, and use Smart Telecom broadband. I am no longer an eircom customer, does this mean I can't use their server settings?
    Please help,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Found this on the eircom.net support forum which might help.....

Eircom have two types of email services at the moment ; and old one and a new one. If you have the old one you will have had this from before 2006 and you will know you have a new one as the capacity is 5gb. Below you will find the mail settings for both old and new email service.

NEW :

Incoming: webmail.eircom.net
    outgoing: mail1.eircom.net

ports incoming: 110
    SMTPports outgoing:25

OLD :

Incoming: mail1@eircom.net
    SMTP outgoing: mail1.eircom.net

ports incoming: 110
    ports outgoing: 25

Finally, Please make sure SSL/authentication ticket is not ticked/chosen.

You could also check your accounts settings in Outlook and try to match them with your phone settings! Generally the issues tend to be around using the proper username. In some cases it might be username: example@eircom.net but others might just be username: example

Also you might need to use your own internet service's SMTP settings as eircom.net generally does not accept email being sent via another provider using its own SMTP settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

What network operator are you with? If you're not with Meteor/eMobile (Eircom) I believe you will not be able to send email from your phone unless you use your providers outgoing mail server. Eircom will block the connection unless you're on Eircom/Meteor/eMobile, hence using your own network operators outgoing mail server.

There is another work around using the likes of Google's mail servers. It's a little tricky to set up but it works. More details on how on the setup in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Susie,

Well known tech giant Samsung already provides required resource on their official website. To get it, visit their website.

Regards:
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Susie,

Well known tech giant Samsung already provides required resource on their official website. To get it, visit their website.

Regards:
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

I've a similar issue on a sony Xperia m. Account set up through the guidelines on this thread. Getting mail but it won't send any they keep bouncing back...any help?

• Advertisement
Advertisement